Full-Time Data and Technology Specialist
Would you like to put your computer technology skills and experience to use at a leading non-profit hunger-relief agency in the Blue Ridge area?
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is seeking a Data and Technology Specialist to assist and provide support to colleagues and partner agencies on information technology systems, data management, and equipment use needs, and to serve as the liaison between the Food Bank and its managed IT services vendor.
The key responsibilities of the Data and Technology Specialist include:
- Maintain responsibility for the integrity, performance, and security of the databases in the Organization. Manage record maintenance and clean-up.
- Maintain database performance by troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Respond to data and report requests, filter, and ‘clean’ data to ensure optimum report generation and correction of data label problems.
- Implement quality control procedures, including assisting with developing and writing training materials, and train staff in accurate data entry processes and reporting, and other training in common applications, such as Microsoft Office.
- Support Tableau data visualizations for use on organization website and internally.
- Administer JET reporting services to include server implementation, custom report creation, user record maintenance and license management
- Serve as point of contact for managed IT services, including the coordination and communication of internal “first line” tech support, execute ticket creation, ticket management, service feedback.
- Manage technology resources including planned replacement of technology.
- Provide technical assistance and support for queries and other issues as needed.
Required job qualifications:
- Associates degree in IT from community college or technical school or equivalent amount of training and experience in computer technology is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years professional experience with Microsoft Office products specifically with Excel to include proficiency in lookup formulas and pivot tables required.
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels within the Food Bank, effectively interact with users experiencing technology problems and clearly communicate and translate user experience into tasks for IT professionals to address.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated, ability to work on multiple priorities consecutively, work to tight deadlines and see projects and tasks through to completion
- Experience working in a non-profit environment a plus
The Data and Technology Specialist is full-time, reports to the Data Architect and is based in Verona, VA.
Duties may require travel to branch facilities and may require work on an occasional evening or weekend. Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume or BRAFB application to hu************@br***.org, or mail to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. The position will remain open until filled.
About the Food Bank
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is a respected, regional nonprofit providing nourishing food and hope to neighbors. Founded in 1981, the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank serves 25 counties and eight cities in central and western Virginia, from Loudoun and Winchester in the north to the Lexington and Lynchburg areas in the south. We provide food to nearly 119,000 visitors each month through a partner network of more than 200 food pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters, as well as through nutrition programs for children, seniors, and rural neighbors. Total revenues of approximately $50 million and an operating budget of $11 million support the work of more than 65 employees in four locations, including our headquarters and main distribution center in Verona.
The Food Bank is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspective and lived experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
How to ApplyTo be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume or BRAFB application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. The position will remain open until filled.
357 total views, 0 today