Full-Time Customer Support Specialist
Department: Customer Service
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Travel Requirements: 0%
Location: Tukwila, WA
Pay Range: $23 – $26.75
Description of Benefits: 8 paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance for employees and their family, life, accident and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) retirement plan, discretionary bonuses, and professional training and development opportunities
Paid time off includes a progressive PTO program. After 90 days of service, 9 days of PTO which may be carried over to next service year. At anniversary date, 16 PTO days are given. PTO is accrued on a schedule of one additional day per year up to five years, thereafter, one additional day for every two years, to a maximum PTO accrual of 26 days after 16 years of service. Maximum PTO carryover to the following year is current year PTO accrual.
About the Company
Heatcon Composite Systems has been involved in the support of advanced composite repairs since 1981. For over 40 years, we’ve committed our time and product development to improving composite repair processes.
As a leading global manufacturer and supplier of aerospace composite repair equipment, we provide a full range of hot bonders, accessories, technical and training services, and materials for the repair of composite structures.
We specialize in working with Aircraft Manufacturers (OEMs), Defense Organizations, Commercial Airlines, and Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) facilities by providing them with the expertise and tools to repair composite flight controls and other main aircraft parts. Our experience and knowledge allows us to continuously provide innovate solutions for the advancement of composite repair technology.
About the Position
We are looking for a Customer Support Specialist – Materials, to provide effective and efficient interface between outside sales organizations and internal business systems and personnel regarding quotations, order entry, and order tracking through shipment. Primary product responsibility is materials distribution, with support activities for other product lines on an as-needed basis.
- Provide customers with timely and accurate price quotations; research and contact suppliers, as appropriate; review and follow-up on customer quotes; and enter customer orders.
- In conjunction with Customer Service Manager, review, understand, and ensure compliance with complex customer terms and conditions for international purchase orders, prior to order acceptance.
- In conjunction with Customer Service Manager, review, understand, prepare, and ensure compliance with complex document requirements for international shipments, such as commercial invoices, Certificates of Origin (COs), and Company Certificates of Compliance (COCs).
- Follow order progression, beginning with the original quotation and concluding with product shipment.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with internal and external customers and sales representatives.
- Proactively communicate with customers and vendors; provide immediate assistance to telephone inquiries and timely responses to customer e-mails while working within the policies and guidelines established by the Company.
- Update management through verbal and written communications of territory analyses, as requested.
- Receive, screen, and route phone calls in an expedient, efficient, and professional manner.
- Provide support to other sales personnel on all pre-sale and post-sale activities including order processing, vendor relations, shipping and receiving, follow-up, and training, as necessary.
- Develop and maintain professional knowledge of Company products, services, marketing collateral, and catalogs, especially those in regards to materials.
- Identify inactive customers, analyze past orders, and initiate customer contact to generate return business, particularly with regard to shelf life limited materials.
- Identify concepts, processes, products, and services that can be implemented to add the value of the business relationship.
- Interface as first point of contact for customer complaints and utilize effective judgment to refer appropriate complaints to Sales Manager – Materials and, if necessary, the quality department, and actively assist with resolution by investigating problems, identifying possible solutions, and making recommendations to management.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and four years of prior work and/or training directly related to composite material distribution, with preference given for direct sales and/or contract administration related to these products, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have general knowledge of composite curing processes, composites materials and equipment, and electromechanical knowledge that is specific to heat and control systems.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, including but not limited to, calculation of various measures of cost and calculate price based on gross margin.
- Proficient with a personal computer, word processing programs, ERP or MRP software, and spreadsheets and ability to type.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, employees, and management.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Must be able to write professional correspondence.
- It is highly desirable that the incumbent possesses bilingual or multilingual verbal and written skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use walk, stand, balance, sit for prolonged periods, speak clearly, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to use fingers, hands, and arms to manipulate and shuffle documents, use writing instruments, and type on a keyboard. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heatcon Composite Systems is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at (206) 575 – 1333 X 5625.
Heatcon Composite Systems is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race (including traits historically associated or perceived to be associated with race including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles including afros, braids, locks and twists); religion, color; national origin; age sex (including sexual orientation or transgender status); marital status; honorably discharged veteran or military status; sexual orientation; gender identity; genetic information; citizenship or immigration status; the presence of a sensory, physical, or mental disability; status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking; or on any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
How to ApplyYou can visit our Heatcon career page to view all of our job openings here: https://www.heatcon.com/about/careers/ To apply for this opening, you can do so here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=9e97af9f-3722-4f46-9205-ad0fa4215482&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings&jobId=378258
43 total views, 3 today