Full-Time Credit Analyst I (Req#2092)
Eastern Bank is offering a unique opportunity to the right individuals to begin a career in commercial banking by joining Eastern’s formal credit training program. The average time spent in the credit training program is two to three years. The program will involve assignment rotations through various lending groups including Commercial Real Estate, Middle Market Lending, and the Managed Assets Group to provide analysis support and work directly on lending opportunities. After the successful completion of the program the Credit Analyst should ultimately progress into the following long term career paths in various departments across the bank:
- Portfolio Manager and /or Relationship Manager in Commercial Real Estate and Middle Market Lending Teams
- Business Banker or Underwriter in the Business Banking Division
- Managed Assets Portfolio Manager and/or Relationship Manager
- Senior Credit Analyst or other role within Corporate Credit
The Credit Department provides analytical support to various teams within the Commercial Banking Division. The successful candidate will learn financial statement and other credit related analysis by working on the preparation of credit memoranda in conjunction with the credit approval and review process.
- The Credit Analyst position is both an educational and production position. It has a hybrid structure with both work from home and in office interaction.
- Primary job responsibilities include spreading financial statements utilizing internal financial analysis software and creating independent credit analysis of commercial loan requests of increasing complexity.
- In addition to commercial loan analysis, this position analyzes risks associated with Automated Clearing House transactions and the Bank’s vendors.
- Credit analysts have the opportunity to sit in on Credit Committee meetings with members of Sr Management and prepare meeting minutes.
- Other past projects have included analysis of new borrowers during a bank acquisition and research contributing to loan loss reserve methodology.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree with concentrations in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Requires a detailed working understanding of accounting.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and internet research engines required.
- The successful candidate must possess outstanding critical thinking, presentation, and communication skills.
- 1-2 years of experience in various financial fields is a plus.
Committed. Inclusive. Courageous. Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.
How to ApplyIf you will like to learn more and apply, use the link below: https://gka.fa.us1.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/2092/?utm_medium=jobshare Feel free to email us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
128 total views, 0 today