Full-Time Counsel- Technology- Commercial Law Group (Hybrid)
Counsel- Technology- Commercial Law Group (Hybrid)
Pittsburgh, PA, United States • Lake Mary, FL, United States
About the Commercial Law Group:
BNY Mellon’s Commercial Law Group (CLG) provides global legal support on a wide range of procurement-related matters, with its primary focus on technology procurement (e.g. software development, licensing and maintenance, SaaS and cloud, IT outsourcing and hardware leasing and purchase) as well as the procurement of consulting, business process outsourcing and other services. We also support BNY Mellon’s strategic technology-related initiatives, including external partnerships, collaborations, and mergers and acquisitions.
In addition, we support and advise BNY Mellon’s Enterprise Change, Resiliency and Sourcing Office (ECRSO) on maintaining, enhancing and executing a robust governance program that complies with all applicable global regulations and BNY Mellon’s risk appetite. This includes keeping up to date on the latest regulatory developments in the fields of vendor management and third party governance, guiding the implementation of changes necessary to comply with regulatory changes, and assistance in preparations for discussions with, and examinations by, regulatory agencies.
We are currently seeking an experienced, proactive and detail-oriented attorney to join CLG’s complex transactions sub-group as Counsel. In this role you will:
- Structure, draft and negotiate a variety of complex transaction documents, including technology procurement agreements (e.g., SaaS and cloud), outsourced (ITO and BPO) and managed service agreements, and technology-related partnership and collaboration agreements.
- Provide practical and business-focused counsel by understanding business strategy and goals and succinctly and effectively communicating legal issues and solutions, including working with lines of business to support development of commercial contract documentation such as service descriptions, service level agreements and fee schedules.
- Liaise with a variety of senior BNY Mellon stakeholders, including ECRSO, lines of business, and other business partners to ensure appropriate awareness and escalation of issues as they arise.
- Assist in the maintenance and improvement of contract templates and contract review checklists so that they remain in compliance with BNY Mellon standards and practices in light of the dynamic regulatory regime under which BNY Mellon operates.
- 5-7 years as a practicing attorney, with 3 years of experience structuring, drafting and negotiating complex technology procurement agreements (e.g., SaaS and cloud), outsourced (ITO and BPO) and managed service agreements, and technology-related partnership and collaboration agreements at a law firm or in-house legal department (law firm or financial services company experience preferred).
- Basic knowledge of cybersecurity, technology controls, information security, data privacy and protection, and data management.
- Knowledge of financial services regulations and regulatory guidance on outsourcing and other third party relationships preferred.
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work both autonomously as a lead attorney on transactions and as part of a global team.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and drafting skills, with proven ability to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks to deliver timely, excellent work product in a pressurized environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, negotiation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience using legal technology, such as contract lifecycle management tools (e.g., SirionLabs and iManage) preferred
- JD (or equivalent if outside of the U.S.).
- Member in good standing of New York State Bar or ability to qualify for in-house counsel admission.
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers?query=38424&pid=15626960&domain=bnymellon.com&sort_by=relevance&triggerGoButton=false
22 total views, 3 today