Full-Time Counsel- (Broker-Dealer) (Hybrid)
Lake Mary, FL, United States • Jersey City, NJ, United States • Pennington, NJ, United States
Vice President, Counsel to support the Pershing line of business within the BNY Mellon enterprise. The candidate will:
- Report to a Associate General Counsel on the Pershing Legal Team and serve as a key adviser to the business.
- Manage and negotiate contracts for Pershing for a variety of advisory, technology, and operational services.
- Provide general legal support to the broker-dealer and registered investment adviser as needed.
- Advise on new product development and regulatory risk management decisions.
- Provides business management and associates with advice and guidance in identifying the critical problems to which the application of legal principals yields the greatest opportunities for minimizing risks and maximizing profits.
- Keep informed on legislation and rulemaking affecting business operations and developments in corporate and securities law practice, updating the team and management as appropriate.
- Collaborate with business leaders and associates to develop legal and regulatory best practices.
- 3 years minimum, 5+ years preferred legal experience with a focus on contracts and investment advisory and/or broker-dealer issues.
- Experience with a Broker-Dealer, Registered Investment Adviser or regulatory agency preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and impact business decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires hands-on support and business teamwork.
- An ideal candidate has in-house counsel experience in securities law.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers/job/15627847
50 total views, 1 today