Full-Time Coordinator of Campus Engagement
Elmira College is a private liberal arts College located in the Finger Lakes region of New York. Seeking innovative professionals from diverse academic and cultural backgrounds to fill the position of Coordinator of Campus Engagement to join the open and welcoming Campus Life team.
The Coordinator of Campus Engagement is responsible for overseeing a robust co-curricular program ensuring a culture of engagement for all students conducive with the mission of Elmira College. This position has responsibilities within the following areas: Student Involvement, New Student and Transition Programming, Intercultural Engagement and Inclusion, and Student Organization development and support. This administrator is also the designated support person for Elmira College’s commuter student population.
The Coordinator of Campus Engagement also participates in the second level Administrator on Call rotation alongside other Campus Life staff supporting Elmira College’s residential student population and the Resident Assistants (RAs). Due to the residence life job responsibilities and the late-night duties of this position, this administrator is also required to live in campus housing.
- Plan, promote, implement, and evaluate a range of co-curricular programs providing social, educational, and cultural opportunities to engage students;
- Assist with new student programming initiatives including Pre-Orientation Programs (POPs), Summer Orientations, and Fall Welcome;
- Working with the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, design intentional programming through a social justice lens to ensure campus education and engagement;
- Chair Campus Activities Board (CAB) to gather ideas and feedback for campus programming initiatives from students;
- Serve as a resource for Elmira College student organizations including program planning, policy enforcement, and utilization of resources. Supervise trainings to ensure organization development and transition.
- Responsible for all office social media and marketing efforts to ensure effective program promotion.
- A bachelor’s degree in higher education or a relevant area is required. A Master’s degree is preferred;
- 1-3 years of administrative experience in student activities, orientation, and/or multicultural programming;
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Drive.
- Training and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, good judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
WORK LOCATION: Elmira, NY – NOT REMOTE
SUPERVISES OTHERS?: 1-3 student employees
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
STATUS: Full-time, 11-months
BASIS OF PAY: Salary
PAY RANGE: In exchange for your skills and experience, Elmira College will provide you with:
- Tuition waiver for you and your dependents
- College-paid Short-term disability Insurance
- College-paid group term life insurance
- Generous retirement matching
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Options
- 15+ paid holidays including the entire week of Thanksgiving and Winter Break/New Year’s
- Generous Sick and Vacation time accruals
- Free counseling for you and your family through the College-paid Employee Assistance Program
- A base starting salary range of $37,000 – $39,000 with on-campus housing included
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed primarily in a professional office environment. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; sitting for extended periods of time; to occasionally bend, kneel, reach, and twist; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard. Frequent travel on campus and through buildings which require walking, climbing stairs and exposure to outside weather. This position requires frequent evening and weekend responsibilities, particularly during the academic year.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Elmira College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our educational programs and activities or our employment practices.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 607-735-1701. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, please contact the Office of Human Resources directly by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 607-735-1810.
30 total views, 1 today