Full-Time Consultant – Consultant & Advisory Services
Fiscal Management Associates (FMA) is a growth-oriented management consulting firm dedicated to building the capacity of the nonprofit sector. We partner with nonprofits, philanthropy, and government to help organizations attain operational excellence, ensure financial sustainability and effectively achieve their desired impact. Our collaborative approach includes client input and involvement at each stage of an engagement, and at the core of every project we deliver is our commitment to developing strong and trusting relationships between funders and their grantees.
FMA is made up of a highly diverse team, coming from a wide range of cultural and economic backgrounds and representing a spectrum of race, age, ethnicity, ability, and sexual orientation. A Latina-founded and led organization, FMA draws upon its staff to deliver services that are sensitive to the needs and values of both nonprofit and funding organizations.
Our team works with leaders who are organizing youth movements, fighting against racial and gender inequities, using art for civic engagement, and providing fundamental services to those who need it most, to name a few. Our consulting and training services have consistently earned recognition for their pragmatism and relevance.
FMA is seeking a full-time Senior Consultant based in Oakland to deliver professional services that are sensitive to the needs and values of both nonprofit and funding organizations. You are an accounting professional who wants to leverage your nonprofit expertise outside of the standard accounting industry and work with nonprofit and philanthropic clients to improve their financial management acumen and processes, often in times of transition. You will collaborate with project teams to provide senior level accounting/financial services and identify areas for improvement.
What You’ll Do
Your responsibilities will vary based on engagements and client needs, and require an independent and multi-talented professional with solid nonprofit financial management expertise and a consulting mindset. Duties may include any of the following:
- Develop and maintain current and potential/new client relationships, including relationships with foundations, local government, collaborative partner organizations, and direct service providers.
- Supervise and lead client and FMA staff through training, guidance, and coaching.
- Evaluate performance on client engagements.
- Provide senior level financial management services (including Director of Finance or Controller-level responsibilities for specific clients), month end review, audit support, budget development, cash flow planning, and financial system implementation.
- Support leadership teams and Board of Directors in making financial decisions including presenting analysis and findings and effectively communicating complicated financial information to a variety of audiences that have varying levels of financial literacy.
- Assist in complying with new nonprofit financial reporting and disclosure standards.
- Conduct fiscal and operational infrastructure assessments and provide insight into organizational financial sustainability.
- Oversee grant compliance to include billing, budgeting, accounting, and compliance reporting with private, federal, state agencies (while recognizing restrictions and advising accordingly).
- Analyze current processes, systems, and procedures and makes recommendations to ensure best accounting practices and keeps abreast of changing regulatory environments.
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting (MPA, MBA, or CPA certification preferred)
- You have 5+ years of demonstrated accounting experience (Public Accounting experience a plus) with a specific focus on nonprofit and/or government
- You possess a strong knowledge of accounting systems and nonprofit accounting principles
- You have advanced Microsoft Excel expertise
- You have experience with grant management and government funding (preferred)
- You have experience managing and training individuals or small teams (a plus)
- You are collaborative, proactive, independent and flexible – and adapt easily to changing client needs
- You are a self-directed professional who can organize your time and independently prioritize your work
- Travel within California to be on-site with clients may be required
Our employees are encouraged and supported as they develop a broad range of skills through customized professional development and ongoing mentoring. We offer a highly collaborative environment, career enhancing work, competitive compensation, and full benefits.
FMA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law – and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, this includes qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. FMA hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. FMA is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages diverse applicants to apply for this position.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please use the link below to apply.https://fma.applytojob.com/apply/IUpraN8p9F/Consultant-Oakland?referrer=20200302171315EUFF67UW1MEHQHYE Also see: Senior Consultant, [Director of Finance], Oakland https://fma.applytojob.com/apply/LqIIr8qhtT/Senior-Consultant-Director-Of-Finance-Oakland?referrer=20200302185357WOLWK7POME9GZVTV
54 total views, 2 today