Full-Time Construction/District Technician III – NEW HIGHER PAY!
- Serve as the lead project inspector.
- Support senior engineers in the administration of medium to large highway construction projects.
- Monitor daily projects’ progress and resolve constructability issues to maintain project schedules.
- Direct and schedule technicians’ work in staking out and inspecting every phase of a construction project to ensure it is built according to plans and specifications in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage all aspects of construction projects with limited supervision from senior engineers.
- Supervise and train multiple technicians including NCDOT staff and contract construction inspectors.
- Maintain project dairies on a daily basis including correspondence with contractors.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting highway construction plans.
- Experience in planning, developing, scheduling, tracking, and completing projects independently or with limited supervision.
- Customer service experience related to resolving problems involving explaining complicated engineering concepts to customer groups.
- Experience applying engineering concepts to solve complex problems.
- Experience working in a team environment to complete assignments.
- Ability to take notes.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to supervise junior employees and instruct them to proper work methods.
- Steel toe shoes.
- Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Survey Technology, or a related field, and
- 3+ years relevant technician-level experience; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- You will be required to work nights and weekends as needed for emergency and planned operations in all types of weather conditions and on uneven surfaces.
- You may be subject to a wide range of hazards such as rough or uneven terrain and/or work adverse weather conditions to include heat or cold.
- You will be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and may be required to work nights or weekends.
- Projects may last several months or longer.
Call me: Melissa Harrison at 252-640-6415.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/nhczarsz
53 total views, 0 today