Full-Time Configuration Release Analyst I
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Configuration Management is a critical process responsible for controlling and tracking all versions of software and documentation assets. Configuration Management ensures the security and integrity of software assets by implementing standard repeatable tools and processes across platforms.
The Configuration Release Analyst implements and supports best practices and tools in version control, software development lifecycle management, build management, application distribution and deployment management, and other software configuration management practices. Assists with setting up projects in the version control tool, creating and troubleshooting distributed builds/compiles, as well as training and providing consultation to development teams on how to use supporting tools.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Shares in developing effective configuration management strategies and solutions for existing and new products.
* Coordinates, facilitates, manages, controls scheduled and approved change windows for product release and infrastructure maintenance windows.
* Participates in change management reviews, confirmation of changes submitted by associates outside of assigned organization to ensure minimal disruption occurs.
* Works with all parties to resolve change-related scheduling conflicts according to established practices.
* Assesses risks and impacts to changes throughout the software development lifecycle ensuring minimal disruption to the organization and other BKFS and client organizations.
* Ensures proper archiving of software application releases.
* Analyzes the software development lifecycle for process improvements and automation opportunities.
* Works with development and release management teams to ensure business requirements are defined and solutions accurately designed to meet stated business needs.
* Administers and supports third party source, version control, build, and distribution tools.
* Administers and maintains source code repositories stored within software configuration management tools (e.g., CA Software Change Manager (aka Harvest), CA Endevor, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server).
* Performs software integration that includes building/compiling source code and documenting software build/compile process.
* Troubleshoots internal software automation tools and utilities.
* Assists with testing and implementation aspects of development projects including installation, configuration, and customization of internal software and utilities.
* Assists with troubleshooting interfaces to change control and defect tracking systems.
* Performs application conversion, configuration, and release deployment duties.
* Maintains all internal documentation.
* Provides assistance and training on source code management processes, procedures and tools.
* Supports internal customers by responding to help desk calls, performing night on-call activities as requested, and completing service requests related to version control, software development lifecycle management, and build management, distribution and deploy management.
* Other related duties are assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Considerable knowledge of change and release management principles, procedures and techniques
* Demonstrated technical aptitude and ability to think and solve problems creatively
* Proficient troubleshooting skills
* Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with others
* Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
* Ability to respond to requests under tight deadlines in a dynamic working environment
* Must be customer focused, well organized, self-motivated and self-directed
* Proficient analytic, organization, and communication skills
* Demonstrated understanding of source code management concepts and/or software development lifecycles
* Familiarity of standards and best practices relevant to the information technology industry (e.g., ITIL, COBIT, CMM)
* Knowledge of basic problem resolution and escalation practices
* Knowledge of BKFS products and services
* Knowledge of operating system, security, and database software
* Experience with object oriented and structured programming languages
* Experience with scripting languages
* Knowledge of release and configuration management tools (e.g. CA Software Change Manager (aka Harvest), CA Endevor, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server)
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Entry-level professional role requiring basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment while learning. With guidance from senior configuration release analysts, implements and supports best practices in version control, software development lifecycle management, application build management, application distribution and deployment management, and other software configuration management best practices. Assists with setting up minor or standard projects in the version control tool, creating and troubleshooting distributed builds/compiles, as well as providing high level support to development teams on how to use the tools. Typically requires up to three (3) years of experience in information systems and technology.
Black Knight is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWdvdWxldHRlLjIwMTcyLjEwNTk0QGJsYWNra25pZ2h0ZmluLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
1 total views, 1 today