Full-Time Compensation Advisor
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means we are creating a sustainable future by providing almost 45 percent of its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best.
Advises on design, implementation, and the administration of compensation programs, practices and policies. Ensures alignment with the compensation philosophy and Human Resources strategy. Provides guidance, analysis, research, and solutions covering a wide range of compensation areas including pay band structure, base pay administration, short-term incentive and recognition pay administration, job profile development, and off-cycle reviews. Partners with Human Resources Advisors and Staffing Advisors regarding the administration and management of compensation programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides consulting to internal business clients and Human Resources. Consults and advises Human Resources regarding compensation policy interpretation, offers, and market analysis evaluation. Conducts research and provides analysis and recommendations for base pay (e.g., promotions and off-cycle pay reviews), special recognition, and other awards.
- Supports major compensation initiatives.
- Conducts comprehensive and often complex analyses of current compensation program components, and recommends changes based on strategic direction of company.
- Provides compensation analysis related to labor negotiations.
- Works with Corporate Compensation and business unit Compensation regarding compensation issues to ensure internal equity.
- Provides overall compensation consulting services for leadership and HR.
- Participates in salary surveys, collects data and analyzes results to monitor our market competitiveness in support of talent acquisition and retention of employees to aid in making informed pay decisions.
- Makes recommendations and provides guidance regarding policies and procedures to ensure equitable and competitive pay delivery to employees.
- Reviews and audits compensation policies and programs.
- Conducts and coordinates compensation training programs to provide management with tools to make informed pay decisions.
- Provides guidance in position reviews to ensure appropriate level salary recommendations, including internal equity considerations. Provides total compensation analysis for key positions to attract, retain, and stay competitive in the market.
- Evaluates FLSA exemption status to minimize wage and hour issues and company liability. Supports clients in developing job descriptions used in talent acquisition/retention, employee development, succession planning, and performance management.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
Incentive Compensation Planning:
- Provides consulting to business units in the design, implementation, and audit of new incentive plans.
- As part of the compensation team, assists with the communication and delivery of incentive pay, including quarterly updates on incentive plan goals (e.g., operational, financial).
- Provides support for HR clients through the incentive pay process.
- Develops process for gathering employee data used to calculate payments.
- Reviews overall incentive pay budgets; conducts analysis of awards.
Salary Planning Program:
- Provides consulting to business units in the design, implementation, and audit of salary planning administration.
- Provides support for HR clients through the Salary Planning processes.
- As part of the compensation team, assists with the communication materials for salary planning.
- Ensures integrity of data used in determining salary increases.
- Provides input to other HR organizations to ensure system capabilities are in place.
- Reviews overall salary budgets within budgetary constraints and conducts analysis of awards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in related field.
- 3+ years work experience in the design, analysis and administration of compensation programs.
- Working knowledge of Wage and Hour Laws required.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of compensation practices and structures required.
- Self-starter with strong analytical ability to proactively identify opportunities and take initiative to find solutions.
- Excellent client skills with the ability to interact with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present analytical findings in a compelling manner to all levels of management.
- Very detail oriented, with a high level of accuracy and the ability to detect inconsistencies in data.
- Ability to exercise judgment and to make recommendations independently.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Access required.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work on multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Advanced degree or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP).
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
How to ApplyTo be considered for the Compensation Advisor (#21-57474) position, please apply online via the SDG&E Careers website at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=2168707&d=SempraSDGE&prc=RMPOD4&r=5000680986906
395 total views, 0 today