Full-Time Community Nutrition Educator (CNE)
Community Nutrition Educator (CNE)
Report to Assistant Director – Health Home & Nutrition Health Education
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
CNE responsible for all aspect of nutritional education relate to the Nutrition Health Education program.
The major duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
Program Management – including key deliverables, reporting, quality assurance and improvement.
• Work with the Assistant Director – Health Home & Nutrition Health Education (AD-HH&NHE) to create the program service deliverables projection including modification as needed.
• Manage and monitor the program key deliverables to the clients and meet the program’s benchmark.
• Manage the program client’s satisfaction and exist surveys; complete the reports representing the results.
• Manage and ensure clients’ adherence to NHE policies and procedures follows protocol for food pantry and voucher distribution.
• Maintain client-related records, other required documentations and service quota according to the protocols and standards of APICHA’s Department of Support Services.
• Work with the AD-HH&NHE to conduct the Continue Quality Improvement activities of the NHE program.
• Understand the purpose and intent of the Nutrition Health Education and Food and Meal describe by NYSDOH AIDS Institute including its expectations.
• Ensure key deliverables and the program service requirement including its supporting documents in compliance with AIDS Institute requirements for the provision of Nutrition Health Education program.
Client Services – anticipate the client’s needs and respond in a timely and courteous manner.
• Ensure appropriate services delivers to the program clients including conduct NHE program orientation, screening/re-screening, and intakes including the reasons for participation in the health education sessions.
• Reviews RD assessment and dietary recommendations to determine the food and meal service client receives; and type of health education appropriate to meet client’s needs.
• Develops the client’s individual nutrition health education plans based on RD assessment.
• Provide individual and group nutrition health education sessions to the program clients.
• Respond to the program related inquiries.
Collaboration – across various stakeholders to ensure the best quality care for clients.
• Works collaboratively with Food and Nutrition Project Coordinator (F&NPC) during Food pantry and voucher distribution to provide health education on making healthier food choices by review receipt, monitor the proper use of the voucher, and selecting appropriate food items from the pantry per client’s health goals.
• Work closely with the F&NPC on meeting programmatic projection and goals and financial and program variances of NHE contract.
• Establishes connections and communicates frequently with Medical Nutrition Programs/Practitioners, and RDs; and makes referrals as necessary and appropriate including plans and facilitates a case conference on each program clients per AIDS Institute guideline.
• Collaborate with Apicha CHC staff and other service providers to coordinate clients’ care.
• Represent the agency at various venues to promote agency services.
Computer competency – in operating a computer and the applications needed in your work.
• Ensure data entry accuracy entered to various reporting system (e.g., eICARE, AIRS, eCW).
Communication Skills – using language effectively to gather information and facilitate an exchange of ideas that yield results including write clearly, concisely, logically and free of grammar errors.
• Develops and revise the program group nutrition health education curriculums including pre and post-tests that incorporate: goals and objectives, frequency and duration of the sessions, HIV specific health and nutrition topics.
• Documents progress notes that summarize client progress, services rendered, accomplishments, further needs and referrals in a timely manner.
• Design, edit, publish and distribute a monthly Departmental newsletter and calendar for APICHA clients/patients for update health information, APICHA NHE and other services.
• Write and submit both external and internal reports adhering to deadlines (i.e., monthly report).
Flexibility – adapt to changes that happen in a company/funding without losing focus on the program goals. This also includes your ability to apply knowledge to new circumstances.
• Provide coverage, as part of a backup to F&NPC.
• Attend all required training sessions and meetings including participate in any organizational activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA or BS in Nutrition or a related field such as health education or family and consumer sciences. MA preferred.
• Experience with basic bookkeeping preferred.
• 2 years of experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS or with other chronic illness.
• 2 years of experience in developing and facilitating nutrition health education.
• Fluency in one or more Asian languages is preferred.
• Excellent organization, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English required.
• Consistent team player capable of effectively operating within the organizational structure.
• Ability to follow through instructions, and good attention to details.
• Ability to communicate well with medical providers and support staff.
• Ability to adapt the changing needs of communities and funder’s requirements.
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks by due date including during stressful environment.
• Computer literacy – the ability to learn and adapt to different reporting platforms within required time frames.
• Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis is required. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in the position please apply through our Apicha website. https://www.apicha.org/healthcare-jobs-in-new-york-city/
58 total views, 1 today