Part-Time Community Field Recruiter
As one of the largest public health service nonprofit organizations in New York City, Public Health Solutions (PHS) improves health among the city’s most vulnerable populations by tackling social and clinical factors that impact New Yorkers’ ability to thrive. Today PHS serves 200,000+ New Yorkers annually, and we support the work of more than 200 community-based nonprofit organizations. PHS implements innovative, cost-effective population-based health programs; conducts research providing insight on effective public health interventions; and provides services to government and other nonprofits to address public health issues. Together with our colleagues in the service sector, government, philanthropy and policy organizations, we are thought leaders and cutting-edge public health professionals in New York City, New York State and truly, throughout the country.
Highlights of our work include:
• Providing direct services to over 80,000 New Yorkers a year, primarily families with children. These services address critical needs in low-income communities, including food security; nutrition and obesity; women’s reproductive health; early childhood development; HIV prevention and access to care; quality healthcare access; and tobacco control.
• Promoting the imminent eradication of AIDS in NYC through research, service delivery and funding administration. We engage 200+ community-based organizations around the city in HIV-related outreach. Our network serves 96,000 people living with or at risk of becoming infected with HIV/AIDS.
• Developing technology-based interventions and social marketing public health campaigns using video, social media, and interactive internet-based applications, specifically in the areas of reproductive health, HIV prevention and childhood obesity prevention.
Public Health Solutions Research and Evaluation Team is recruiting two part-time Community Field Recruiters to assist in the recruitment for a study of smartphone-based tools to improve sexual health for gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM). M-Cubed is a CDC-funded project for investigating the acceptability, use, and effectiveness of a smartphone-based platform for delivering sexual health and HIV prevention messages to MSM.
• Participate in and successfully complete required trainings.
• Adhere to all federal, state, local and institutional confidentiality laws and protocols, based on trainings/materials to be provided, and guidance from project team.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with the LGBTQ community and business owners in the New York City area.
• Screen and recruit potential participants to the M-Cubed study at bars, clubs, events, and public spaces where MSM are known to congregate.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Ability to comply with strict protocols for confidentiality.
• Outgoing Personality, be assertive and approachable.
• Familiarity with the MSM community and LGBTQ spaces and business in New York City.
• Ability to establish rapport with people from diverse racial/ethnic, socioeconomic, age, cultural, disability, and religious groups/perspectives.
PHS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, and veterans.
How to ApplyTO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER AND CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=PUBLHEAL2&cws=37&rid=205
30 total views, 1 today