Full-Time Community Engagement Associate
Location: Resolution Headquarters at 420 Lexington Avenue, 16th Floor, New York, NY
Classification: Non-exempt, full-time
Reporting To: Director of Development
Start Date: Immediate
Salary Range: $25-28/hour
ABOUT THE RESOLUTION PROJECT
At The Resolution Project (Resolution), we believe that young people can—and should—be the change our world so desperately needs. Founded in 2007, Resolution’s mission is to develop socially responsible young leaders and empower them to make a positive impact today. Through our Social Venture Challenges and Resolution Fellowships, we identify, fund, mentor, and support undergraduate students starting social enterprises to solve some of the world’s most persistent and challenging problems, from healthcare access to climate change. We believe that by empowering young people to bring local, scalable solutions to their communities, we can create a generation of socially responsible leaders committed to building a more just and sustainable world. Today, 500 Resolution Fellows, in 80 countries and 20 U.S. states, are implementing over 300 social ventures in high-impact fields such as sustainable development, gender equality, healthcare, and humanitarian relief. Their efforts have benefited 2.7 million people and counting. We are now seeking exceptional talent to join our growing staff!
Since the beginning, The Resolution Project has built and grown a large community of committed and excited volunteers, including our Advisory Board and Leadership Council. Resolution’s Advisory Board consists of nearly 70 engaged leaders across sectors who support Resolution and its Fellows on strategic decisions and important initiatives; Resolution’s Leadership Council is evolving to continue its impact on the future of Resolution by engaging early-career professionals in skills-based volunteering and leadership within the organization.
This position contributes to The Resolution Project’s mission by helping the Director of Development and organizational leadership advance engagement strategies by working with these communities. This is a revenue-generating position, requiring a highly organized, self-directed, strategic thinker. The Community Engagement Associate will effectively set priorities and solve problems while developing cooperative, productive relationships across the range of The Resolution Project’s community of remarkable volunteers, including the Resolution Advisory Board and the Resolution Leadership Council. By providing strategic guidance and working in collaboration with the groups, this individual will help these dedicated volunteer groups connect with and plan activities that advance the mission of The Resolution Project. The Associate is crucial in helping steward these groups, ensuring that they are engaged and feel that they have a meaningful role in moving Resolution forward, ultimately leading to increased revenue for the organization.
As this is a volunteer-facing role, the candidate must have a flexible schedule and be prepared to join meetings and conference calls earlier and later than regular business hours – including some weekends.
Work collaboratively with organizational leadership, professional staff, and volunteers to support fundraising goals and organizational growth as follows:
Advisory Board and Leadership Council Engagement
Communicate clearly, regularly and effectively with leaders of each group, and with the entire body of members, to build coordination, teamwork, enthusiasm and a sense of common purpose.
• Build strong working relationships with group leads and members to understand individual motivations, interests, and expertise in supporting the mission of The Resolution Project
• Prepare and distribute communications for each group to enhance and build their engagement with Resolution
• Meet regularly with individual volunteers, ensuring they have regular touchpoints with the organization outside of larger group communications
• Coordinate and facilitate committee meetings
• Highlight and profile active volunteers in publications for volunteers and external groups
• Support communication efforts by equipping volunteers with campaign, event, and fundraising tools they can use to reach out to their networks
• Lead efforts to expand and deepen community engagement including creating and adapting programming to promote and further the mission of the groups and Resolution. The programming should be appealing, relevant, and successful at drawing membership from all portions of the community. Programming can include speakers, events, workshops, lectures, discussion groups, etc.
Liaise with Staff on Behalf of Volunteer Groups
Serve as the staff liaison for The Resolution Project’s community groups, developing and implementing strategies to deepen their engagement with Resolution.
• Act as a representative and advocate of the issues and/or concerns of the volunteer groups
• In collaboration with the Director of Development and organizational leadership, regularly review, update, and manage the roles and responsibilities for each group, ensuring continued relevance and finding new and innovative ways to advance volunteer efforts
• Collaborate with the Director of Development, leadership, and other staff in identifying and recruiting new volunteers
• Leverage, develop and evolve staff-led philanthropic initiatives in coordination with the volunteer groups
Work closely with the Special Events team to increase volunteer engagement with Resolution.
• Develop, plan and implement strategic, mission-focused group events that recognize, steward, and further cultivate members and prospects
• Identify areas where current event schedule could better engage volunteers on Resolution’s Advisory Board and Resolution’s Leadership Council
Other Related Duties, As Requested
The Resolution Project seeks candidates who are results-oriented and have strong relationship-building and organizational skills. The Community Engagement Associate must have:
• Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience. Fundraising experience a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to form strong relationships with diverse stakeholders.
• High level of professionalism with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with staff and volunteer leadership, as well as external partners.
• Vigilant attention to detail and demonstrated commitment to meeting high-quality standards on a tight schedule.
• Ability to handle sensitive information about donors, team members, Resolution Fellows, methodologies, etc. with discretion and good judgment.
• Passion for young people making an impact, and commitment to social change and social entrepreneurship.
• Computer literacy, including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite.Experience with donor database software (Resolution uses Salesforce) preferred. Training on our system is available.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Friendly and outgoing personality, a sense of optimism and enthusiasm, and dedication to teamwork.
• Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others.
Resolution does our best to provide a competitive benefits package to our team. Full-time Resolution staff members have access to a range of health plans as well as coverage for dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Full time staff also have access to generous paid time off and robust professional development opportunities. In addition, employees may opt into FSA, HSA, transit check, and other voluntary insurance policies.
Resolution is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not engage in and prohibits discrimination in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race or ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sex or gender (including pregnancy), LGBTQ+ status or sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital or partnership status, veteran status, military service status, or any other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law.
How to ApplySend cover letter and resume to email@example.com. You must include “Community Engagement Associate” as the subject line of the email and please include how you found out about this opportunity. No phone calls or faxes, please.
88 total views, 1 today