Full-Time Community Coordinator
Elmira College is a private, liberal arts College located in the Finger Lakes region of NY. Seeking innovative professionals from diverse academic and cultural backgrounds to fill the position Community Coordinator to join the open and welcoming Residence Life team.
The Community Coordinator is a live-in professional with the responsibility for the administration, programming, operation and crisis management of 1-2 student residence halls which may house 100 to 500 undergraduate students. Participating in 24 hour on-call duty rotation, Community Coordinators are conduct administrators who supervise an undergraduate staff of resident assistants, coordinate special projects, and collaborate with Campus Life Staff or other departments to implement comprehensive services to students.
Community Development and Programming
- Create an inclusive residence hall environment that fosters the principles of academic excellence, student development, community responsibility.
- Communicates the rights and responsibilities of individuals and the community at the first hall meeting and other meetings as necessary.
- Promote and maintain a positive living environment conducive to study, rest, and mutual respect among residents.
- Initiate contact and communication with residents on a regular basis.
- Oversee and manage the planning, conducting, and evaluating of community programming for five to sixteen resident assistants.
- Coordinate, implement and participate in hall programs to address the needs, interests and concerns of the residents.
- Hold at least two campus wide programs each term that focus on student development and holistic education.
- Train, supervise, support and evaluate a staff of five to sixteen resident assistants.
- Plan and conduct weekly resident assistant staff meetings.
- Meet with each resident assistant bi-weekly for on-going performance evaluations.
- Conduct regular inspections of the residence hall by walking through the building at least once a day.
- Report all maintenance and housekeeping problems. Follow-up on problems not remedied in a timely manner. Maintain accurate records related to building concerns.
- Investigate all damage in the residence halls and where able, assign responsibility.
- Maintain an inventory of all residence hall furniture and equipment.
- Keep an accurate inventory and use all keys appropriately.
- Assist in the evacuation of residence halls during fire drills and alarms. Assist in the maintenance of proper fire safety measures in the residence halls.
- Maintain a current roster of residents in assigned areas and coordinate room changes within and between the residence halls.
Crisis and Conflict Management
- Attend to the health and safety of residents in medical, psychological, and other crises.
- Explore and respond to the effects of crises with residents and communities while maintaining confidentiality.
- Become knowledgeable of various College resources. Make appropriate referrals.
- Demonstrate accessibility and approachability to students. Show sensitivity and respond in a timely fashion to students’ emotional, personal, and academic needs.
- Rotate campus “on duty” responsibilities with other residence life professional staff.
- A bachelor’s degree in higher education or a relevant area is required. Master’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 years of administrative experience in residence life, student activities, orientation, and/or multicultural programming.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Drive.
- Training and presentation skills are a must, as is the capacity to advocate within and external to the system.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, good judgment, and maintain confidentiality
WORK LOCATION: Not Remote – Live on Campus in Residential Hall/Dorm
SUPERVISES OTHERS?: 5-16 Resident Assistants
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to pe*******@el****.edu, or by fax to 607-735-1701.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, please contact the Office of Human Resources directly by emailing **@el****.edu, or by calling 607-735-1810.
STATUS: Full Time, 10-month
BASIS OF PAY: Salary
In exchange for your skills and experience, we will provide you with
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance options
- College-paid short-term disability Insurance
- College-paid group term life insurance
- Generous retirement matching
- Generous paid time off
- Free counseling for you and your dependents through our EAP
- Free on-campus housing
- Flex meal dollars for on-campus dining
- A base salary of $36,000 – $38,000
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed primarily in a professional office environment. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; sitting for extended periods of time; to occasionally bend, kneel, reach, and twist; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard. Frequent travel on campus and through buildings which require walking, climbing stairs and exposure to outside weather. This position requires frequent evening and weekend responsibilities, particularly during the academic year.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Elmira College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our educational programs and activities or our employment practices.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 607-735-1701. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, please contact the Office of Human Resources directly by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 607-735-1810.
66 total views, 1 today