Full-Time Community Coordinator
About Geocaching HQ
We are the global headquarters for the game of geocaching. Our mission (and yours should you choose to accept it) is to inspire outdoor adventure, exploration, and community. Our products enable a worldwide community of geocachers to make every location an adventure and everyone an explorer.
At Geocaching HQ, we strive to be the best place our employees have ever worked. We foster a workplace rooted in compassion and candor, and we invite you to join us!
As a Community Coordinator, you will shape how our company interacts with the geocaching community online via email, self-help materials, and social media initiatives, including user-education. This role is responsible for providing effective cross-platform customer service and creating engaging content for social media. In short, it’s all about those little moments with geocachers — we want them to feel like we are here to support, inspire, and delight them every time they tune into our blog, Twitter, or send us a question through Geocaching.com. This position works primarily in-office at our HQ location, with some flexibility determined by the manager as needed.
Responsibilities and duties
- Generate fun, helpful, and engaging content on company platforms (Geocaching Blog, Help Center, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Identify great content created by the community that can be shared via company platforms.
- Become a part of the geocaching community, share experienced geocachers’ deep knowledge with others, and guide newer community members by creating relevant content.
- Meet benchmarks for community satisfaction, customer service, and social media outreach and corresponding KPI’s.
- Create, design, and support user-education materials to onboard new members to the community.
Community Engagement + Support
- Communicate regularly with geocachers across multiple channels, answering customer service questions big and small. Some weekend coverage may be required.
- Suggest process improvements to encourage customer self-help and more efficient customer service interactions.
- Provide feedback on behalf of the community for upcoming feature changes, as well as following up on bugs that are reported by the community.
- Represent Geocaching HQ at community events.
- Provide vacation and other coverage for our Guest Experience Coordinator/Visitor Center as needed.
- Support the Adventure Lab team with reporting and other tasks as needed.
Skills and experience
- Passion for geocaching. Significant experience in the game is a huge plus.
- Experience in customer service and social media management.
- Proven ability to turn out excellent written communication.
- Excellent project management skills, including being detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task.
- Successful at collaborating with co-workers, within and between departments.
- The ability to communicate at a professional level in a second language is strongly desired (German, French, and Dutch in particular).
- Experience working with a wide range of cultures.
- Experience in education/curriculum design
- 2+ years of relevant work or life experience.
Required, education, licenses, or certifications: Not applicable
- Accountability: Actively seeing commitments through to completion; taking responsibility for actions, welcoming feedback, and effectively explaining decisions.
- Adaptability: Demonstrating openness, flexibility, and agility in response to changing environments or circumstances.
- Collaboration: Identifying appropriate contributors from across and within teams; working with them in a way that leads to effective results and positive relationships.
- Problem Solving: Proactively recognizing challenges, analyzing potential responses, and taking initiative that leads to a thoughtful result.
- Results-Oriented: Outcomes matter; taking responsibility for the timing and results of work and projects.
- Self-Awareness: Continually improving upon personal strengths and areas for growth. Recognizing and managing our own emotions; recognizing and responding well to the emotions of others.
- Exemplify our company values: authenticity, effectiveness, passion, inclusivity
- Demonstrate collaborative communication and negotiation skills
- High level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Ability to discern appropriate judgment and discretion
- Possess a growth mindset with a desire to learn, develop, and share skills
- Graciously give and receive feedback
- Effectively plan, organize, and prioritize workload
Physical demands and work environment
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualification for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.
Compensation and benefits
We carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your experience and internal equity, when determining individual pay. The range for this role is $43,620 to $60,530 ($20.97 to $29.10/hour). This position is eligible for annual salary increases and bonus (dependent on company & individual performance).
In addition to a collaborative workforce and a variety of office perks, below are some of our current benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision insurance. We cover the health insurance premiums for you and your eligible dependents.
- Employer-paid premiums for Short and long-term disability, basic life and AD&D.
- Options to enroll in Flexible Spending Account (health and dependent care) and additional voluntary life insurance.
- 401k retirement plan: traditional and/or Roth, plus a 4% employer match with immediate vesting.
- Healthy work/life balance: generous PTO (120 hour accrual for each of the first two years of full-time employment, with increased accruals after that) and 10 paid holidays + 2 bonus days, monthly company social events, unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Program, budget for team outings, and more.
- Free Geocaching Premium Membership (plus one for a buddy!) to cache to your heart’s content!
- One month paid Sabbatical every 7 years.
- Free unlimited ski/snowboard lift tickets or reimbursement up to $300/year towards outdoor activities.
- On-site gear closet so you can enjoy the great outdoors.
- Employer paid commute options with ORCA cards and on-site parking.
- Professional development programs and budget tailored to your learning & growth — not in the cookie-cutter “one size fits all” approach.
- Employer charitable donation matching program, adoption benefits, and reimbursement for child/pet/elderly parent caretaker needs.
- Catered in-office lunches Monday-Thursday
- Two hours of paid geocaching per month.
Statement of inclusivity
Geocaching HQ works actively and intentionally to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company and worldwide community. We encourage everyone to apply and welcome applicants who are historically underrepresented in the technology and outdoor industries.
How to ApplyClick here to apply!
74 total views, 0 today