Full-Time Communities Communications Coordinator
The Organization and Role
About Access Now
Access Now is a growing international human rights organization dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world, including issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, and transparency. Our policy, advocacy, technology, and operations teams have staff presences in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East/North Africa (MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support to our mission.
About this role
The Communities Communications Coordinator helps to manage and align the communications efforts of the Digital Security Helpline with the communities it serves. In particular, the Communities Communications Coordinator works across the Helpline to ensure that communications with at-risk beneficiaries, intermediaries, service providers, and partners are tailored and appropriate to their needs. In addition, the Coordinator interfaces internally within Access Now’s Advocacy-Communications & Engagement Team for any Helpline-related efforts.
The Communities Communications Coordinator reports through the Director – Digital Security Helpline, and works closely with the Helpline’s Education and Communities team and Access Now’s Communications & Engagement team.
What you will do
- Review and improve how the Digital Security Helpline communicates with beneficiaries – from how the Helpline is presented, to potential beneficiaries, to soliciting feedback from existing beneficiaries
- Review and improve how the Helpline communicates with intermediaries in sustaining and nurturing these relationships, in collaboration with Helpline Regional Coordinators and the Education and Communities Lead
- Lead on ways to keep partners up-to-date on the Helpline’s work, such as monthly and quarterly updates
- Draft written template responses for Helpline communications
- Advise Helpline staff on language and communication style
- Review and improve Helpline documentation and materials (such as training materials, assessment reports) for tone and consistency, in collaboration with the Documentation Coordinator
- Support Helpline public presence, such as webpage content, printed materials, etc in collaboration with the Access Now Communications Team
- Help direct Helpline-related media queries and engagement within the Access Now team
- Assist in global implementation of the annual RightsCon summit series
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills, education, and mindset you will bring
- Two plus years demonstrated experience in a communications, technical writing, or similar role
- Excellence in communicating technical concepts to different audiences
- Experience with cross-language communication (communicating in English with people whose first language is not English)
- Familiarity with digital security concepts such as privacy, security, anonymity, end-to-end encryption, how the internet works at a general level
- Patient and compassionate approach to communications
- Experience in user support or customer service
- Familiarity in human rights, civil society, digital security communities or spaces
- Familiarity with markdown and git is a plus, though not required
- Fluency in English required; communication skills in a second language helpful
- Appropriate education and work preparation for the role, with bachelor or master degree equivalent in communications, intercultural studies, or similar, preferred
This is a full-time position. The successful candidate must possess the right to work in the location in which they will be based. At this time most Access Now Team Members are working through hybrid office arrangements, combining remote at-home work with intermittent use of offices and/or co-working spaces.
Access Now offers competitive compensation and benefits packages that align competitively with locations and regions around the world. Location-specific examples of initial placement within the salary range for this role include:
- €4,555 EUR gross monthly (Belgium)
- $3,765 USD gross monthly (Costa Rica)
- €5,275 EUR gross monthly (Germany)
- $3,090 USD gross monthly (Tunisia)
- $5,250 USD gross monthly (United States)
Benefits for this specific role are tied to the location, and will vary. Regardless of location, all Team Members benefit from a strong global culture aligned around:
- Work-life balance…including a generous paid time-off program between 36 and 40 days annually
- Access to supplemental health care insurance policies
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Extensive workplace flexibility
- Organizational resilience and support for all team members, including paid family leave and employee assistance programs
- Connection to a diverse, global team of passionate, principled professionals
- Opportunities to recharge (including one month of paid refresher leave after 4 years)
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents:
- Résumé/CV (removing allpersonally identifying information such as age, gender, marital status, address, and photo)
- Thoughtful cover letter outlining your suitability for our role, with particular attention to your experience aligning to the core functions
Our hiring teams review applications submitted through our Career Openings page; email submissions are not accepted. Please note that if you are applying via a link in a 3rd party system (examples: Indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Snaphunt, Zip Recruiter), be sure that you are going through the application link in BambooHR so that you are properly uploading a distinct Cover Letter and a separate CV/Resume.
In order for us to communicate with you on the status of your application, please add apps.bamboohr.com to your contacts list, and check spam or junk folders so that you do not miss updates from us.
We are a global human rights organization committed to inclusivity and equity, and seek the most talented team members who bring their true selves, with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. We are interested in receiving applications from people who consider themselves as under-represented in their talent communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. Our commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
How to Applyhttps://accessnow.bamboohr.com/careers/183?source=aWQ9Mzc%3D
94 total views, 1 today