Full-Time College Relations Administrative Operations Coordinator
Priority Consideration Date: April 12, 2023
Tacoma Community College (TCC ) is built on the traditional homelands of the Puyallup Tribe. The Puyallup people have lived on and stewarded these lands since the beginning of time and continue to do so today. Our college commits to uplifting the voices, experiences, and histories of the Indigenous people of this land and beyond. TCC stands in solidarity with Black Lives Matter and the Black community and we strive to become an anti-racist institution. We are examining racism, both implicit and explicit, as a system of domination, and we seek to identify and abolish it in our policies, procedures, and practices.
As the winner of the 2020 Association of Community College Trustees Equity Award for the entire Pacific Region, TCC is committed to recruiting faculty and staff who are reflective of the diverse community we serve. We are specifically focusing on improved support for traditionally underserved populations at TCC including Black, Indigenous, and people of color, Dreamers, justice-involved, immigrants and refugees, Veterans, people with disabilities, and the LGBTQ+ community. To this end, the college seeks applicants who will intentionally support and promote efforts related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and who recognize and honor the important role that diversity brings to an educational community.
This position is responsible for the overall coordination and management of the administrative and support operations for Tacoma Community College’s College Relations Office, which includes marketing and communications, government relations and community relations. This position reports directly to the Vice President of College Relations.
The Coordinator would provide confidential, complex and high-level administrative support with:
- Government relations, such as scheduling meetings with legislators and their legislative assistants; researching information about bills; supporting and tracking legislative communications; and maintaining current contact lists.
- Community relations, such as scheduling community events; managing its budget; and coordinating scheduling needs with the Office of the President and Leadership Team.
- Marketing and Communications, such as light website editing; digital marketing analytics; presentation development; project management; and budget.
This position also works closely with the Office of the President administrative staff; the TCC Foundation; and other TCC executive assistants and division-based Administrative Operations Coordinators to ensure smooth communications and project processes.
- Manage the office affairs of the Vice President. Develop and maintain office procedures and guidelines; maintain adequate supplies and functional equipment for the office; assure office coverage.
- Compose correspondence, narrative and/or statistical reports specific to the operation and responsibilities of the College Relations office.
- Prepare various college forms including travel authorization requests, voucher distributions, purchase requisitions, travel vouchers, meal reimbursement forms and more.
- Receive and screen incoming correspondence and reports. Determine priorities for action and forward with appropriate notations to proper person for action. Compose correspondence for the Vice President’s signature or reply directly to general inquiries regarding the College Relations office.
- Coordinate all functions and activities associated with the Vice President’s office. Coordinate, schedule and organize meetings. Secure rooms, prepare agendas and other written materials. Take meeting minutes, transcribe, finalize and distribute them, as needed.
- Schedule and maintain calendar for Vice President.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for Vice President.
- Manage annual budgets for the College Relations office and other designated budgets, including P-card reconciliation, contracts, and voucher and requisition paperwork. Maintain accurate and current budget records, funding requests, and status reports.
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule on and off-campus workshops, meetings, and activities for the College Relations office.
- Assure complete confidentiality of information relative to all matters in the Vice President’s office and the college. Handle confidential matters; resolve problems independently, using discretion and following established policies and guidelines. Keep Vice President apprised and involved, as appropriate.
- Create, edit, or revise presentation materials with information provided by Vice President.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
- Schedule legislator meetings with the Vice President, College President and Legislators; provide necessary materials for meetings; and keep a running calendar of meetings and topics for referral.
- Assist with legislator-focused communications, such as email newsletters, blogs and more.
- Research bills and their status.
- Maintain legislator contact list.
- Plan legislator visits to the campus.
- Proof and prepare documents to legislators.
- Schedule community events with the Vice President, College President and others, as needed. Serve as the point of contact for community event coordinators, and complete event documentation, such as invoices.
- Track events, sponsorship dollars and participation.
- Recruit College members to attend events with logistic information.
- Manage the community relations budget.
- Map out community relation calendars and have a strong understanding of the events regarding participation, topic, and how they relate to TCC’s mission.
Marketing and Communications
- Manage the Marketing and Communication’s budget, including contract support, purchase requisitions and vouchers, and all other documentation, and end-of-month P-card reconciliation.
- Support the TCC external website and internal SharePoint site, The Hub, with light editing and updates to pages.
- Support project management of marketing and communication projects.
- Provide analytics for marketing campaign dashboards.
- Order and track swag deliverables.
- Post and distribute marketing deliverables across campuses.
How to ApplyPlease apply and view the full listing through the Tacoma Community College website. Please follow this link: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/tacomacc/jobs/3952842/college-relations-administrative-operations-coordinator You will be asked to submit the following: Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Resume & cover letter describing how your educational background and experience align with the responsibilities and qualifications.
- Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended.
- Diversity Statement: Tacoma Community College is committed to creating and supporting a multi-cultural climate that welcomes, fosters, respects, and celebrates diversity. Please attach a statement (maximum two pages) describing your experiences with other cultures and communities, your level of cultural self-awareness and how you have integrated both experience and self-awareness into your living/working environment.
140 total views, 0 today