Full-Time Coalition Coordinator
About NY Renews
NY Renews is a coalition of nearly 200 environmental, justice, faith, labor, and community groups, and the force behind the nation’s most progressive climate law – the NYS Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act. Now, we’re focused on two projects: implementing the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act in line with our vision of full decarbonization of the economy and climate justice; and advancing additional policies for climate justice in New York State.
We are governed by a Steering Committee of representatives from 17 environmental justice, community organizing, labor, faith, and climate organizations across New York State. The Steering Committee sets the strategic direction for the NY Renews coalition. We operate in accordance with the Jemez Principles of democratic organizing and are committed to collective decision-making and leadership of frontline communities.
For more information, visit www.nyrenews.org.
About the Coalition Coordinator role
The Coalition Coordinator works with the Steering Committee (a body of representatives of 17 organizations) and is responsible for:
Steering Committee Coordination (estimated 50%)
– Creates agendas and written proposals, and conducts outreach and coordination for Steering Committee calls and meetings
– Works one on one and in small groups with Steering Committee members to address concerns, formulate proposals, and ensure accountability for Steering Committee work
– Creates clear lines of communication and accountability between working groups, staff, and Steering Committee
– Arranges strategic planning retreats, plans, and processes
– Initiates strategic discussions when necessary
Staff Management (estimated 30%)
– Supervises Lead Coalition Organizer, Lead Policy Organizer, and Communications Coordinator
– Ensures staff work executes strategic direction as set by the Steering Committee
– Works with organizing, police and communications staff to develop specific work plans, and supports staff in carrying those out
Operations (estimated 20%)
– Responsible for budget tracking and management, processing invoices and vendor bills
– Works with Tides to ensure coalition activities are properly tracked, reported, and within fiscal sponsor guidelines
– Supports Fundraising Team in raising resources for the coalition
Candidates for this position must possess the following qualities:
– Excellent facilitation skills
– Ability to work collaboratively in moments of urgency
– Significant experience working in legislative, advocacy, and/or organizing campaigns
– Experience managing staff
– Exceptional ability to juggle multiple, simultaneous projects with cross-cutting stakeholders and deadlines, without sacrificing attention to detail; 100% follow-through
– Ability to be highly proactive and take initiative on projects from conception to completion
– Excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills
– A strong racial justice lens and experience working with communities of color
– Ability to foster genuine working relationships of trust and solidarity with a wide variety of partners from diverse backgrounds
– Commitment to social, economic, racial, and climate justice
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office and GSuite
The ideal candidate will also have
– Strong preference for experience working in New York State policy, advocacy, organizing, or legislative campaigns
– Experience working with coalitions
– A background in the climate justice movement
– Relationships with leadership of NY economic justice, environmental justice, and/or labor organizations
– Working proficiency in Spanish
The Campaign Coordinator works under the supervision of the staff supervisor (a member of the NY Renews Steering Committee), and with the oversight of the Management Committee
Travel, Nights, and Weekends
This position requires travel within New York State (up to 25% of the time during the legislative session, January – June, up to 10% the rest of the year)
This position requires the occasional ability to work nights and weekends, particularly during the New York State legislative session (January – June)
NYC prefered, but open to remote for the right candidate; must be located within New York State
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $68,000 – $75,000 annually based on experience. This is an exempt salaried position.
NY Renews provides employees with 100% health and dental insurance and provides 80% of costs for family coverage, along with a generous paid time off and holiday package.
NY Renews is committed to equity, inclusion and justice. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the values we fight for in the world. People of color, people with disabilities, women, non-binary, and LGBTQ people are especially encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Coalition Coordinator” in the subject line.
106 total views, 1 today