Part-Time Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator
Welcome to SickKids. We look forward to receiving your application for our Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator opportunity!
Don’t miss a great opportunity to join our award-wining organization. SickKids has been voted one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 7th year in a row. We’ve been recognized as a top employer for young people, a top family friendly employer, and a top employer in the GTA. Newsweek Magazine also ranked SickKids as the top paediatric health-care centre in the world for 2022!
The Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator (CRNC) will join the Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet Research Team at SickKids Hospital. TrialNet is an international multi-centre study group at the forefront of research in the prevention of Type 1 Diabetes and more information can be found on our website https://www.trialnet.org/. The CRNC utilizes evidence-based practice to coordinate and facilitate clinical research studies according to CNO professional standard and the nursing professional standards of SickKids Hospital. The successful candidate possesses a range of nursing skills developed through nursing experience that can be applied to research. Working collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, the CRNC undertakes the delivery of safe and ethical nursing care to address the needs of the research participants and their families.
Here’s What You’ll Love:
- A focus on employee wellness with our new Staff Health and Well-being Strategy. Self-care helps us support others.
- A hospital that welcomes and focuses on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- A flexible remote hybrid work environment.
- The opportunity to make an impact. Regardless of your role or professional interest, you’ll be making a difference at SickKids and contributing to our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
- Participant recruitment
- Arranging and carrying out study visits
- Blood drawing, starting IVs and completing oral glucose and mixed meal tolerance tests, and intravenous infusions
- Being part of community recruitment events, professional meetings, and conferences
- Attending 1-2 TrialNet Steering Committee meetings per year, generally in Washington DC area
- Working closely with Project Manager, Clinical Research Coordinators and Nurse and Principal Investigator in planning and carrying out all aspects of TrialNet studies
- Ensure that studies are conducted in line with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, REB and SickKids policies and procedures
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- BScN or equivalent
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum 2 years of nursing experience, ideally with previous clinical research experience including GCP and TCPS2 training
- Advanced communication, organizational, problem solving, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with children and their family members
- Well developed computer skills. Experience with Epic is an asset
Employment Type: Temporary, one-year contract with possibility of renewal, 0.5 FTE (working two to three days per week)
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit The Hospital for Sick Children's (SickKids) website: https://career.sickkids.ca:8001/psc/CRPRD/CAREER/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=18654&PostingSeq=1
134 total views, 5 today