Part-Time Child Watch Lead – Tacoma
Why Work for the Y?
The Y is a leading non-profit committed to strengthening our community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose, and each other. Working locally, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in, and across our communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives, and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships, and resources necessary to learn, grow, and thrive.
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team!
Would you like to share your passion for youth with others? Would you like to use your knowledge and skills to make a huge impact on local children as you act as a role model to help them achieve personal growth?
As the Child Watch Attendant, you will ensure a safe, caring, and fun learning environment for children ages 6 weeks to 7 years while parents are utilizing the YMCA facilities. You will assist and support the supervision of the child watch program under the directions of the program director. You will provide a quality experience focused on YMCA core values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Are you a good fit?
- You are committed to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- You are a high school graduate or equivalent (preferred).
- You have one year or more of related experience (preferred).
- You have previous experience working with children of all ages preferably in a program setting and diverse populations.
- You demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- You have knowledge and skills in program activities and related office equipment, and the ability to instruct youth classes in sports, games, and activities.
- You possess the knowledge and skills needed to support youth staff and classes.
- You have current CPR, First Aid, AED certifications (preferred).
Starting Rate: $14.67 per hour
Hours: Part time – Up to 25 hours per week
Benefits: As a part time employee you receive flexible schedules, a membership to all branches of the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties and ability to utilize all branches in Washington State, discounts on programs and merchandise, the opportunity to participate in a retirement savings plan.
How to ApplyApply directly via link: https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?POSTING_ID=98076248993&locale=en_US&SRCSEQ=postingSearchResults&SEQ=jobDetails&applicationName=YMCAofPierceandKitsapCountiesReqExt
259 total views, 0 today