Full-Time Child Care Program Director
Starting Wage: $21.47+/hr, depending on experience
Hours: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Locations: 2 Positions Available(South Kitsap School District and Bremerton School District)
Position Closes: 05/14/2021
Are you a passionate, caring leader looking to foster cognitive, social-emotional, and physical development for school-aged children? We are looking for cause-driven leaders who model values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring; who are ready to be invested in and grow, to take a risk and be stretched; and who want a job that is not transactional, but transformational.
As the Program Director, you will provide leadership, direction, and vision to the day-to-day operations of child care sites. You will manage child care programs that serve our community with a variety of programmatic and activity options to explore and develop interests and talents with a focus on safety, health, social growth and academic enhancement so that children have fun, grow and thrive in our care.
If hired for this position you will plan, develop, administer and evaluate off-site before-and-after school child care. You will provide leadership and direction for staff and children, ensure positive communication with parents, children, schools and other staff, practice risk management, and develop positive community relations.
You will be able to promote a positive environment that fosters fun, safety, and our YMCA values which includes implementation of proximity praise, specific action compliments, and our 8 Points of Leadership. You will help in providing balanced recreation, education and character development by designing, implementing, and evaluating enriched activities full of fun and friendship.
As a full time employee, you will receive a medical/dental/vision benefits package, retirement savings plan, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), life and long term disability benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), Extended Leave Plan (ELP), and a family membership to the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties.
In this position you will be able to use your skills to:
- Support relationship with school staff and parents.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Support branch-wide communication standards and systems.
Make great decisions:
- Ensure all sites are providing high quality care following curriculum on a daily basis.
- Ensure all Child Care sites maintain Washington State Child Care Licensing and designated staffing ratios at all times while communicating and maintaining a healthy relationship with DEL.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct staff and volunteers as needed.
Provide quality results:
- Compile program statistics. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Supervise and support Site Directors in developing skills and assist in supervision of Site Leaders.
- Support efforts to manage the approved budget.
- Establish new program activities and expand program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- May develop or assist in the marketing and distribution of program information, organize and schedule program registrations.
- Design, implement, and evaluate programs, activities, and events.
Are you a good fit?
- You are committed to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- You have two years of full time equivalent in management experience.
- You have 30 or more college quarter credits in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, and Elementary Education or the equivalent educational background in courses relating to early learning or child development.
- You have experience in the development, delivery, and management of child care programs or equivalent, with full understanding of child care regulations and licensing requirements.
- You enjoy working with school aged children and diverse populations.
How to ApplyApply online, click here.
569 total views, 0 today