Full-Time Child Care Counsellor
Ministry of Children and Family Development
There are 16 Positions available, 15 full-time and 1 part-time (46 hours biweekly).
Child Care Counsellor
$62,255.85 – $70,557.73 annually
The Ministry of Children and Family Development’s primary focus is to support all children and youth in British Columbia to live in safe, healthy and nurturing families and be strongly connected to their communities and culture. The ministry supports the well-being of children, youth and families in British Columbia by providing services that are accessible, inclusive, and culturally respectful.
Under the supervision of a Child Care Counsellor N21 or Nurse 5, the Child Care Counsellor N18, as part of the multi-disciplinary team, is responsible for providing assessment, care planning, treatment, discharge and community services for severely thought disordered or conduct disordered youths admitted to the Centre, in accordance with established principles and guidelines of practice; to perform various administrative duties which support program objectives; and to perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or other Human Services field; OR
- Diploma in Social Work or other human services field AND 2 years of *related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and *related experience may be considered.
o Human Services fields include: social work, psychology, sociology, criminology, anthropology, early childhood education, Indigenous studies, education, child and youth care, and psychiatric nursing.
- *Related experience includes the following:
- Experience with gathering, assessing, and writing reports.
- Experience with counselling adolescents individually, and in group settings.
- Experience working with youth or in a related setting.
For more information and to apply online by August 30, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/103618
How to ApplyFor more information and to apply online by August 30, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/103618
110 total views, 2 today