Full-Time Chapter Engagement Manager
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a Chapter Engagement Manager to work with the Engagement team. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that combines strategic campaigns and engagement and cutting-edge communications to win concrete victories on the path to solving the climate crisis.
General Overview: The Chapter Engagement Manager will work within the Engagement department and will be responsible for keeping their finger on the pulse of what’s happening across the nation in climate advocacy. This position will oversee regional chapter coordinators and campaign leads with the goal of growing the engagement of Climate Reality Chapters (“Chapter”) and their members. Currently, Chapters are focused on local and state-level campaigns to enact change, including “100% Committed” and “Pricing Pollution”, in addition to local Chapter initiatives, for which this person would be responsible for analyzing and prioritizing. The Chapter Engagement Manager will strategically guide these campaigns, manage the staff who lead them, and provide implementation support and direction for engagement efforts that will grow impactful Chapter participation. In addition, they will be point on identifying new state and local engagement opportunities for Chapters, writing campaign and engagement plans and proposals, and running tests on campaign efficacy. We are looking for a team player, a strong organizer, and an effective communicator who will work closely with the Engagement team and other Climate Reality staff to build and drive effective campaigns and grow overall Chapter engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Overseeing and helping to guide the strategic planning and goal setting for current campaigns, currently 100% Committed and Pricing Pollution.
• Identifying new engagement opportunities for our Chapters and strategizing their implementation, in coordination with the Director of Engagement.
• Managing the three coordinators who are directly supporting Chapters in their efforts to combat climate change.
• Supporting the design, implementation, and management of the Chapter engagement content and curriculum.
• Representing the organization in national coalition spaces, ensuring the organization’s campaign priorities are in line with our key partners and the larger environmental movement.
• Planning and implementing action components of Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings, including identifying engagement opportunities and partners, creating action materials, facilitating sessions, and managing follow-up.
• Overseeing and creating the materials for Climate Reality campaigns to enhance public awareness of our Chapters and our campaigns.
• Working with other Climate Reality departments to identify and analyze engagement opportunities, building effective campaigns, and developing meaningful partnerships to support our Chapter’s efforts to drive meaningful change.
• Reporting program and organizational updates on a regular and ongoing basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience delivering advocacy or political campaigns.
• Detailed knowledge of a broad range of engagement strategies and tactics.
• Proven track record in coalition building, grassroots or field organizing, and public speaking.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective organizational skills.
• Prior experience managing staff and/or interns.
• Demonstrable strategic thinker and problem-solving acumen.
• Experience and awareness of cultural diversity with the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of organizations and volunteers.
• Personal commitment to Climate Reality’s mission and demonstrated knowledge of climate and environmental issues.
• Prior project management experience a plus.
• Proficiency with a CRM platform or online reporting system preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
• Commensurate with experience.
• Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with no vesting period and a company match, mobile phone reimbursement and a transit subsidy.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
175 total views, 1 today