Full-Time Certified Athletic Trainer
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, 12-month, exempt Certified Athletic Trainer position in the Athletics department.
Under the direction of the Athletic Director, this position provides direct oversight and responsibility for delivering the six domains of athletic training (Prevent, Protect, Evaluate, Assess, Rehabilitate, and Counsel) to all athletic programs at Clark College. This position leads in medical care for Clark Athletics with management of Athletic Training facilities, policies and procedures, relating to the Athletic Handbook, and return-to-play decision related to student athletes. Performs all functions and activities within the guidelines and philosophy set forth in the Clark College Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate all initial athletic injuries and recommends, responds to, and performs appropriate medical care to student-athletes; communicates diagnoses, medical treatment, and rehabilitation information to student-athletes, as legally required.
- Attend all home games and practices and away games as needed and required by the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC)
- Supervise, direct, evaluate, and support professional development for all direct reports including interns, student workers, and volunteers, and athletic trainers.
- Responsible for all onboarding for new coaches related to athletics training facilities. These duties include but are not limited to: collecting coaching CPR certifications, collecting athlete’s medical forms from doctor’s office, providing EAP’s to new coaches.
- Develop and maintain a policies and procedures handbook that includes implementations of injury management protocols and emergency action plans.
- Render first aid, immediate injury evaluation, initiate Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED), and activate Emergency Medical Services (EMS) when necessary, at practices, hosted events, and coverage of off-campus events.
- Direct and work with the athletics administration in the procurement of athletic related materials and services in accordance with purchasing rules and departmental budget guidelines.
- Direct all athletic injury documentation, injury surveillance, follow-up treatment, and rehabilitation under a physician’s direction; manages treatment of chronic and acute athletic injuries; determines and certifies ability of student-athletes to participate in the athletic program.
- Responsible for the “medical clearing” of all injured student-athletes, includes ‘return-to-play’, per NWAC guidelines.
- Oversee all therapeutic exercise programs as well as aid in strength and conditioning programs for athletic teams.
- Develop and implement design and ongoing upgrades to stay compliant of training room for Clark Athletes.
- Supervise a concussion ImPACT testing on all athletes, educates student-athletes and coaches on concussion related materials.
- Recommend and implement appropriate preventative measures to avoid athletic injuries, illnesses, and condition based off Baseline ImPACT testing of all Clark College student athletes.
- Manage education, training, implementation and practice of all athletic preventative taping, wrapping, bracing, and padding of the injured areas to the student-athlete.
- Manage all reports to coaches on injuries and status of student-athletes under treatment. Serves as a liaison between physicians, coaches, and athletes regarding athletic injuries.
- Responsible for budget, and inventorying of athletic training supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for tracking head coaches’ CPR certifications and to help provide avenues for certification and education of CPR and first aid.
- Arrange for substitute trainer, physician and/or ambulance coverage at games when required.
- Supervise process for all athletic training forms, reports, and medical records related to athletic injuries, rehabilitation, and clearance.
- Oversee all ‘satellite’ training facilities, particularly for field sports.
- Maintain working areas are clean and in sanitary condition. May oversee and provide work direction to student aides and interns and other student volunteers.
- Attend seminars, conferences, and other meetings in order to maintain status and certification and to keep up to date on legislation and trends affecting the job area.
- Lead in the development of a long-range plan for improving the athletic treatment center.
- Assist the Athletic Administration with game management duties as needed.
- Oversee new student orientation in coordination with Athletic Administration, including but not limited to the collection of student-athlete paperwork, which includes physicals, insurance, immunizations documentation.
- Maintain Emergency Action Plan (EAP) and Athletic Training standard operating procedures for Clark Athletics Department.
- Assist athlete’s scheduling doctor, imaging or testing appointments when needed.
- Maintain and uphold NWAC, CDC, state, and local health department COVID policies and procedures by updating Clark College sanitation policies and COVID testing. Communicate with Clark County health department on matters related to COVID or any other contagious disease breakout.
- Ability to foster a sound vision for the improvement of Clark College sports at the individual level, sport, and program level.
- Must be self-directed, trustworthy, responsible and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Display empathy and positive regard for others in written, verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Ability to establish positive rapport with Student-Athletes, Coaches, Athletic Director, and other professionals in formal and informal settings.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed in order to manage a myriad of tasks and organizational duties to effectively use the contact time with student-athletes while maintaining adequate records and contacts with health care providers.
- Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and sports medicine.
- First Aid/CPR Instructor.
- Have continuing education of 50 CEU’s every 3 years.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training or related field.
- One (1) year of clinical experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- First Aid and CPR Certified.
- NATA-BOC certification in Washington State.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible, varying hours, including weekends, as required.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A healthy work/life balance for our employees with the opportunity for flexible work schedules and remote work depending on position and college needs.
- McClaskey Culinary Institute offers fast, fresh, and healthy dining options for students, faculty, staff, and the community. The space, located in Gaiser Hall, features three kiosks, a full-service retail bakery and barista bar, grab-and-go items, and a student-run restaurant.
- Coffee Lounge in Hannah Hall and Clark Café in Joan Stout Hall.
- Campus bookstore offers snacks, apparel, and specialty supplies.
- On-campus early childhood education care program (pending registration and availability).
- Gym and recreation facilities available for membership.
- Clark promotes wellness with a variety of different workshops and events.
SALARY RANGE: $60,962-$70,587 annually (commensurate with qualifications and experience).
Successful candidates are typically hired at the beginning of the salary range and receive scheduled salary increment increases.
Clark College offers an exceptional benefits package that includes vacation/sick leave; medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; retirement; and tuition waiver.
Required Online Application Materials:
- Clark College Online Application
- Current resume, with a minimum of three (3) references listed.
- Cover letter describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process.
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., July 13, 2023.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on or near college property, and crime statistics for the most recent 3-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133 The most recent Annual Security Report, written in compliance with the Clery Act, can be reviewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports individuals with their academic, personal, and professional development, as well as provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional development for our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship, immigration status or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, vision and values of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. The college provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, and Affirmative Action: Gerald Gabbard, Director of Labor and Compliance, 360-992-2317 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Baird 142, Vancouver, Washington 98663. Clark College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Clark College Human Resources
June 29, 2023
How to ApplyPlease apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs.
92 total views, 0 today