Full-Time CECL Quantitative Analyst (Req# 1582)
Working in Credit Risk Analytics, the Quantitative Analyst will be responsible for understanding, analyzing, and reporting on Eastern Bank’s CECL-compliant reserve methodologies used to estimate allowances for credit losses. A successful candidate will be comfortable working independently while collaborating with other team members in Risk Analytics to further the bank’s understanding of ACL and CECL by combining quantitative and qualitative analysis.
Major Responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the quarterly analysis of Allowance for Credit Losses (ACL) methodology and associated reporting packages.
- Routine development and execution of statistical, credit, and financial analysis to support quantitative and qualitative factor reviews.
- Manage the implementation and documentation of vendor default models, such as Trepp and Moody’s, to support a CECL-compliant ACL process.
- Ensuring high-quality model run documentation and controls required for SOX compliance.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of the CECL Model and all related calculations and reports.
- Being an active member of the Risk Analytics Department by providing process improvement ideas, issue identification and resolution.
- Creation and thoughtful presentation of loan portfolio analytics and relevant macroeconomics trends.
- Data management experience, including the ability to perform statistical analysis and mine large data sets.
- A high proficiency level in MS Office, including:
- Excel skills, including pivot tables, worksheet formulas, macros, array formulas, and other techniques.
- PowerPoint skills, including the ability to create understandable presentations that incorporate graphs and other visual aides to portray complex subject matter.
- Ability to effectively engage in verbal communication with team members from other divisions (lending, operations, etc.) and external auditors.
- Skilled at identifying relevant and significant content from research into internal and external data and reports.
- Effective at project management, developing project plans, managing timelines, and conducting project meetings.
- Ability to solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to undertake, execute and deliver on-time multiple simultaneous projects under tight deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field of study (i.e., Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering), graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years in a progressively responsible position as a quantitative analyst, modeler or risk analyst with a background in credit risk and reserve modeling. Prior CECL compliant bank experience is strongly desired.
- Experience writing and presenting statistical findings, trends, and expectations in front of senior-level managers, board members, and auditors.
- Understanding of reserve principles, including FAS5 / ASC450, FAS114 / ASC310, and CECL / ASC326, as well as regulatory guidance on reserves and model governance.
Committed. Inclusive. Courageous. Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.
How to ApplyIf you would like to learn more, please click on the link below: https://gka.fa.us1.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/1582/?utm_medium=jobshare If you have any questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
575 total views, 0 today