Full-Time Case Manager, Housing Our Youth
WELCOME TO YOUR CENTER!
Established as a community non-profit in 1972, The Center provides targeted programs and services to the full diversity of the San Diego LGBTQ community. The mission of The Center is to enhance and sustain the health and well-being of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, nonbinary, immigrant, and HIV communities for the betterment of our entire San Diego region. Our vision is to create a Center and Center culture where every person feels and knows that they are welcomed, valued, and supported. As the beacon for our regional LGBTQ community, we actively recommit to being a more vibrant, bold, innovative, safe, and modern center each day than the day before. The Center is sex-positive and provides advocacy and critical health and social support services to support our community members through all stages of life, focusing on our deeply held values of equity, social justice, and client-centered, trauma-informed care. The Center currently has over 75 staff working at five facilities across San Diego County.
As of 04/01/2023, the Center has relaxed its COVID-19 vaccination requirement for employment. New employees are encouraged but not required to be vaccinated. The Center reserves the right to amend this requirement based on health concerns and/or governmental recommendations to protect the well-being of our community. If this requirement changes, employees will have 30 days to comply.
Under the direction of the Youth Homelessness Service Manager, this position will provide case management, program and community services and referrals to the HOY participants. Assist in program development, operation and team decision making while supporting program outcomes.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct intakes, assessments, and evaluations with new clients.
- Provide linkages to mental health services, substance abuse services, educational services, career development services, and other relevant resources.
- Provide ongoing case management, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and stabilization services to youth enrolled in the program.
Record Management and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate documentation of client’s goals and needs, case management plans, and service entries into internal data systems.
- Enter program data and outcomes into the region’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) to adhere to grant and contract compliance.
- Document thorough case notes that accurately reflect client progress toward individualized case management goals.
- Assist the completion of monthly narrative reports for funder reports.
- Education and/or Experience: 2 years of experience providing case management services to LGBTQ youth, people living with HIV, or marginalized groups of individuals.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English required.
- Computer/Office Equipment Skills: Must be comfortable working in PC/Windows-based environments. Must have strong proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Other Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
- Must demonstrate competence in working with diverse populations. Those with lived experience as a member of a historically under-served community (i.e., low-income, communities of color, LGBTQ communities, immigrant communities, etc.) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must demonstrate competence in using strength-based, trauma-informed, and positive youth development approaches in service delivery.
- Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and auto insurance.
- Education and/or Experience: 1-2 years of experience working with people experiencing homelessness, foster care, and juvenile dependency systems.
- Language Skills: Fluency in Spanish.
- Other Qualifications: Experience managing crises and implementing crisis interventions.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Compensation: The pay range for this position is $00/hour- $24.00/hour and is commensurate with experience. This is a Full-Time, Regular Non-Exempt position.
- Benefits: The CENTER offers a robust benefits package, inclusive of Competitive Pay Scales, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with company match), Flex Time Opportunities, Full Medical, Dental, Vision, and Chiropractic Health Coverage, Out-of-Pocket Optional Coverage for Spouses, Domestic Partners, and Dependent Children, Full-time and Part-Time Schedules, Generous Vacation and Holiday Benefits, Professional Training & Development Experiences, Opportunities for Promotion & Advancement
Please review the current job openings by clicking the button below. If you believe you possess the heart and skills for any of these (or any other) exciting job opportunities, we encourage you to apply. Instructions for how to apply are included in each job announcement. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Diego LGBTQ Community Center is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
How to ApplyPlease submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: To include the job title you are applying to "Case Manager, Housing Our Youth position."
32 total views, 1 today