Full-Time Care Manager II- Health Home
Our mission at Apicha Community Health Center is to improve the health of our community and to increase access to comprehensive primary care, preventive health services, mental health, and supportive services. We are committed to excellence and to providing culturally competent services that enhance the quality of life. We advocate for and provide a welcoming environment for underserved and vulnerable people, especially Asians and Pacific Islanders, the LGBT Community and individuals living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Position Title: Care Manager II – Health Home
Report to: Care Management Team Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Care Manager II – Health Home provides direct care management to assigned clients including screening, assessments and development of focused care plans. The Care Manager II-Health Home also performs HARP eligibility assessment, Plan of Care, Level of Services Determination and HCBS referrals.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Provide direct care management services to assigned clients living with HIV/AIDS, other chronic diseases, substance user, and/or mentally ill under supervision of Care Management Team Leader.
• Provide core services of Health Home care management for all clients assigned to meet clients’ needs for better health outcome.
• Complete the required work including face-to-face contacts and home visits with clients.
• Perform an in-depth screening for functional scale eligibility, assessment and reassessments of client’s needs including mental health, substance use, medical, financial, housing and other supports.
• Link the clients to any and all identified services.
• Perform HARP Eligibility Assessment, HARP Plan of Care, Level of Services Determination, HCBS referrals, continuation of HCBS services including necessary documentations within required timeframe.
• Develops and oversees client’s focused care plans with documented input and approval from other service providers and the clients.
• Work closely with the interdisciplinary care team including clients’ PCP, psychiatrist, therapist, navigator, etc. to complete appropriate client’s care.
• Conduct outreach and engagement activities, including face-to-face, mail, electronic and telephone contacts for new referrals and lost to care clients.
• Maintain client-related records and other required documentation according to the protocols and standards of Apicha’s Department of Support Services.
• Complete all required Health Home care management services and document within required timeframe.
• Adheres to NYS Health Homes and lead Health Homes requirements.
• Working as a part of the team for the quality assurance and continue quality improvement (CQI) tasks.
• Represent the agency at various venues to promote agency services.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: child & family studies, community mental health, counseling, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, rehabilitation, social work or speech and hearing, education with 2 years of qualifying experience required. A master’s degree in one of the qualifying education fields may be substituted for 1 year of experience. May consider: Bachelor’s degree in non-related field with 5 years of relevant work experience; or a CASAC with 3 years of qualifying experience.
• Qualifying experience includes verifiable work with the target populations: individuals with Serious Mental Illness, developmental disabilities, substance abuse, and/or HIV/AIDS who are virally unsuppressed.
• UAS-NY certification required within 2 months of hire.
• Fluency in Spanish or one of Asian languages preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
• Ability to travel throughout the five boroughs of New York City via public transportation required.
• Ability to be a team player, follow instructions, and communicate effectively with all levels.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks by due date.
• Ability to work well within the organizational structure.
• Ability to adapt changing needs of communities, rules and requirements.
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
• Ability to learn and adapt to different reporting platforms (HCS, MAPP, eICARE, PSYCKES, RMA, GSI).
• Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis is required upon hire. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in the position, please apply directly through our Apicha Community Health Center's website. https://www.apicha.org/careers
19 total views, 1 today