Full-Time Care Manager I- Health Home
Our mission at Apicha Community Health Center is to improve the health of our community and to increase access to comprehensive primary care, preventive health services, mental health, and supportive services. We are committed to excellence and to providing culturally competent services that enhance the quality of life. We advocate for and provide a welcoming environment for underserved and vulnerable people, especially Asians and Pacific Islanders, the LGBT Community and individuals living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Position Title: Care Manager I – Health Home
Report to: Care Management Team Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Care Manager I – Health Home provides direct care management services to assigned clients, including screening, assessments and development of focused care plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide direct care management services to assigned clients living with HIV/AIDS, other chronic diseases, substance user, and/or mentally ill under supervision of Care Management Team Leader.
• Provide core services of Health Home care management for all clients assigned to meet clients’ needs for better health outcome.
• Complete the required face-to-face contacts with clients.
• Perform an in-depth screening for functional scale eligibility, assessment and reassessments of client’s needs including mental health, substance use, medical, financial, housing and other supports.
• Link the clients to any and all identified services.
• Develops and oversees client’s focused care plans with documented input and approval from other service providers and the clients.
• Perform regular home visits to assess client’s living environments to ensure appropriate living situation.
• Work closely with the interdisciplinary care team including clients’ PCP, psychiatrist, therapist, navigator, etc. to complete appropriate client’s care.
• Conduct outreach and engagement activities, including face-to-face, mail, electronic and telephone contacts for new referrals and lost to care clients.
• Maintain client-related records and other required documentation according to the protocols and standards of Apicha’s Department of Support Services.
• Complete all required Health Home care management services and document within required timeframe.
• Adheres to NYS Health Homes and lead Health Homes requirements.
• Working as a part of the team for the quality assurance and continue quality improvement (CQI) tasks.
• Represent the agency at various venues to promote agency services.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Health, human services, education, social work, mental health with 1 years of qualifying experience required. May consider: Bachelor’s degree in non-related field with 2 years of relevant work experience; or a CASAC or LPN with 3 years of qualifying experience.
• Qualifying experience includes verifiable work with the target populations: individuals with HIV/AIDS, history of mental illness/disabilities, or other Health Home eligible conditions.
• Fluency in Spanish or one of Asian languages preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
• Flexibility to travel throughout the five boroughs of New York City via public transportation required.
• Ability to be a team player, understand and carryout directions, and to communicate effectively with supervisors.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful environment.
• Ability to work well within the organizational structure.
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
• Computer literacy – ability to learn and adapt to different reporting platforms.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis is required upon hire. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in the position please apply directly through our Apicha Community Health Center's website. https://www.apicha.org/careers
32 total views, 1 today