Temporary Camp Icagohwan Kitchen Staff
Are you passionate about serving others? Do you have a commitment to compassion and excellence? Do you work in food service and LOVE providing youth and adults with delicious and HEALTHY meals? Join us at the Y in delivering nutrition and mission as kitchen staff and server in our kitchen! Entry level role!
The kitchen staff and server role includes assisting in the preparation of healthy and nutritious meals for participants, maintaining appropriate health standards, and serving. The kitchen staff and server will also set tables, clear tables, wash dishes and perform other cleaning as needed in the kitchen. If the kitchen staff and server has experience working with food allergies and a diverse population a plus!
Kitchen and server staff may include early mornings (breakfast), afternoons (lunch), evenings (dinner), and some weekends may be required depending on the kitchen needs.
As a kitchen and server staff you must enjoy a fun and interactive work environment, live entertainment (camp songs, etc.), and a lot of kid questions! Kitchen staff must have reliable transportation if you do not stay on site.
- Job Summary:
The Camp Kitchen Staff prepares and serves healthy and nutritious meals to camp participants and groups.?The incumbent maintains appropriate health standards and adequate levels of food supplies as directed by Cook or Kitchen Manager. The incumbent prepares food as directed by Cook or Kitchen Manager and performs other cleaning as directed.?
- Essential Functions:
- Assists Cook or Kitchen Manager in preparing healthy and nutritious meals to camp participants and groups.
- Assists in serving healthy and nutritious meals to camp participants and groups.?
- Documents and reports when inventory quantities are low in stockroom, freezer and cooler.??
- Maintains clean and safe kitchen work areas, stockroom, freezer, refrigerator, dining room, dish room and loading dock in accordance with State of Minnesota/ Wisconsin health regulations.??
- Practices personal hygiene and cleanliness in handling food.?
This position reports to the Kitchen Manager who reports to the Food Service Manager or Camp Executive Director. This position may also take work direction from the Cook. The incumbent interacts regularly with other kitchen staff, campers, participants, volunteers, and staff.?
- Minimum Age of 16
- Effective interpersonal communication skills? ?
- Prior experience working in food preparation?
- Prior knowledge of kitchen operating procedures and food handling and storage?
- Education or training in nutrition.?
- Work Conditions:
- Ability to lift, carry and push food carts up to 50 pounds.
- Requires ability to safely operate all necessary kitchen equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is responsible for taking direction from the Executive Directors or their representatives in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for success.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Pledge
The Y of the North is committed to the work and everyday practices of eliminating disparities and eradicating of unjust systems to become a multicultural, anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization. YMCA of the North team members and volunteers must exemplify the association’s mission, vision and values of caring, equity, honesty, respect and responsibility.
The YMCA of the North continues to develop plans and strategies to ensure team members and volunteers reflect the demographics of the communities we serve. We will continually conduct institutional racism and oppression review of our policies, procedures and practices in recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; layoffs; terminations; and the ongoing development of a multicultural, anti-racist and anti-oppressive work environment and culture that promotes equity and respect for the human dignity of all. We value and respect this diversity and choose to be inclusive through our acceptance of al
How to Applyhttps://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6014683.careers?ApplyToJob=587495701
26 total views, 1 today