Part-Time Camp Aquatics Specialist
Why Work for the Y?
The Y is a leading non-profit committed to strengthening our community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose, and each other. Working locally, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in, and across our communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives, and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships, and resources necessary to learn, grow, and thrive.
Have fun leading the Aquatics team this Summer at Camp Seymour!
As the Camp Aquatics Specialist you will actively supervise and maintain safe, enjoyable, age-appropriate aquatic programs and events. You will be responsible for supervising Swim Instructors and Lifeguards. Provide progressive instruction in aquatics activities. You will work with leadership staff and the Program Director to organize & implement overall camp programs. Provide a quality experience to campers & families focused on YMCA core values: Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Caring. Represent the YMCA in a professional manner of safety and fun.
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team!
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- One season or more of camp experience and lifeguard experience required.
- Preferred: Experience in teaching swim lessons and/or two years of personal organized swim experience.
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations
- Knowledge and skills in program activities and related equipment set-up, and the ability to instruct participants in age appropriate techniques.
- Required: Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or Red Cross Lifeguard certification (with the ability to obtain the YMCA Lifeguard certification during staff training).
- Complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day and other online and in-person training as required.
Starting Rate: $50-$75 per day, DOE (Paid Daily 6x/week)
Hours: Part-Time – Up to 25 hours per week
Benefits: As a part time employee you receive flexible schedules, a membership to all branches of the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties and ability to utilize all branches in Washington State, discounts on programs and merchandise, the opportunity to participate in a retirement savings plan.
How to ApplyApply directly via link: https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?POSTING_ID=98199751265&locale=en_US&SRCSEQ=postingSearchResults&SEQ=jobDetails&applicationName=YMCAofPierceandKitsapCountiesReqExt
256 total views, 0 today