Full-Time BUYER – 30906
235 work days
Salary Range: $46,731-$56,761
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Candidate will work in the Strategic Sourcing (Purchasing) Department under the supervision of a Manager to procure goods and services for various assigned groups. Candidate will perform diverse purchasing functions, using current, progressive sourcing methods, in compliance with district and departmental policies and procedures. Position will interact with staff, vendors and community to ensure a fair, open and competitive acquisitions process. This role will focus on professional services to include managing contracts for District contractors in addition to other assigned commodities.
– Operates in Lawson ERP System on a daily basis to process purchase orders as needed.
– Perform necessary purchasing functions for assigned commodities for just-in-time delivery of goods and services to the various schools and departments.
– Monitors vendor performance and pursues corrective actions regarding inadequacies, deficiencies or improprieties.
– Utilize problem-solving skills to reach resolution with internal / external customers.
– Analyzes market conditions and trends which may affect pricing and availability of products/services and provides critical information to appropriate superiors.
– Maintains necessary records pertaining to solicitations, contracts, purchase orders, requests for purchase, vendor audits, etc.
– Attend staff development workshops, purchasing conferences, and cooperative purchasing meetings supported by the Strategic Sourcing (Purchasing) Department to share and expand knowledge of various aspects of public purchasing process.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– The identified buyer performing this role will focus on professional services and consulting agreements.
– They will participate in the contracting process from inception to execution. This will include: review and execution of professional services and consulting contracts, interfacing and communicating with departments, schools and Legal, educating internal stakeholders regarding the contracting process and obtaining necessary signatures on the contract according to Board of Education policies.
– Establish and maintain a database listing all contracts, including, but not limited to: names of the parties, general terms, payment terms, and contract term.
– Conduct periodic audits.
– Annually review and update (in coordination with DPS Legal) contract templates and train end-users accordingly.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in purchasing / contract administration, preferably in an educational environment.
– Experience working with vendors, administrators, and school staff (e.g., principals, staff) preferred.
– Experience using or working with Lawson ERP System preferred.
– Experience using purchasing tools; working with commodities, implementing organizational purchasing policies and procedures preferred.
– Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) or equivalent preferred.
– Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years.
– Working knowledge of Lawson ERP System.
– Highly effective oral and written communication skills required.
– Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels, across all departments and schools.
– Ability to focus attention to detail, maintaining accuracy.
– Ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
– Ability to meet strict deadlines.
– Ability to work well with internal customers, vendors and members of the business community.
– Ability to display a sense of urgency as appropriate when working with internal / external customers.
– Ability to demonstrate accountability for entire procurement process.
– Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred
The COO Office has a dynamic team of highly experienced people working to maintain the integrity of Denver Public Schools and the accountability of what we do as a team. We strive to meet all of the needs of our schools, Administrative buildings and constituents. The operations team encompasses Facilities, Enterprise Management, Transportation, Technology, School of Choice, Planning and Assessment, Safety and Security, Program Management, Operations Outreach and Engagement, Finance and Operations Support Services. We are the building blocks of the operations side of Denver Public Schools. We stand on our core values Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Collaboration, Fun and of course Students First. There are a lot of opportunities for anyone looking to work in an innovative, caring, and fast paced, growing entity. Come and check out Team DPS.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://tinyurl.com/yck642p6
164 total views, 1 today