Part-Time Business Systems Analyst
The Senior IT Business Systems Analyst helps client areas achieve their objectives by serving as a resource across functional boundaries and business areas in the analysis of business and user needs, application of technology solutions. Senior IT Business Systems Analysts lead the integration of multiyear projects with the highest levels of risk, complexity, budget dollars and impact to the business. Provides consultation to define and achieve objectives, identify risk and implement technology solutions. Conducts feasibility studies, prepares user stories/business requirements, and writes system and programming specifications to support the design of possible technology solutions. Provides input into cost estimations and project plans. Supports user acceptance testing, documentation/reporting, and production support. The Senior IT Business Systems Analyst possesses extensive knowledge of assigned business area(s) operations and the IT systems/applications used. May participate on an agile development team. Assigned to complex projects, systems or initiatives. Senior IT Business Systems Analysts lead efforts, oversee work results, provide training and serve as a mentor for other IT Business Systems Analysts.
• Analyzes business needs to determine technical requirements and identifies impacted areas/systems/processes and evaluates alternative solutions
• Design, develop, documents, test or support modification of computer programs and/or systems
• Researches and assists in designs solutions for general maintenance requests to resolve system problems
• Prepares detailed system requirements and assists in functional design solutions for new products/functionality and enhancements to existing products/functionality
• Provide oversight and final review of design specification
• Take the initiative to seek out areas of improvement
• Assigned to highly complex projects, systems or initiatives
• Provides input into forecasting and project-planning for scope/requirements documents and/or vendor contracts to minimize risk to on time, cost effective solution fulfillment.
• Leads a systematic process for capturing requirements.
• Works with partners to capture requirements in a standard format that can serve as the foundation for developing technical documentation.
• Using SDLC processes and associated tools, analyzes current system targeted for replacement/enhancement to determine business and technical functions to be included in design.
• Prepare crosswalks for transforming input data to output with application of rules
• Works with Developers and other IT staff to determine system components and functional flow of components and data between components.
• Validates the design documentation with the appropriate parties and receives approval on these documents.
• Reviews final design documents to ensure that they clearly explain the work expectations.
• Clarifies design expectations. Answer business and technical questions. Researches and involves appropriate parties to resolve more complex business and technical issues.
• Continuously assesses systems as business direction changes for impacts to existing designs. Understands impacts and works as appropriate to determine best solution.
• Provide consultative support for the systems within their product family
• Partner with developers and other IT staff to ensure the design fulfills business and technical requirements
• Responsible for relationship management responsibilities for assigned vendors
• Prepare technical documentation and deliverables including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, scorecards and reporting.
• Ensures adherence to practices, standards, policies and procedures.
• Develops test scenarios & test cases, performs test executions for various system components.
• Prepares complex test strategies to ensure comprehensive coverage of system components and interfaces; provides SME level expertise and recommends test strategies and scenarios for junior level analysts.
• Develops and documents vetted contingency plans in case of risks or roadblocks
• Responsible for consensus and relationship building between Business, IT teams and BRMs
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong knowledge of MS Excel and MS Visio
The preferred qualifications listed below reflect desired knowledge, skill, and/or experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Ability to write simple to complex SQL Queries
• Experience in Application development, testing, and/or business/systems analysis role
• Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc
• Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
• Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
5-8 years’ experience in Application development and/or systems analysis role
Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field or relevant work experience
– Needs strong communication skills
– Documentation (system documents/use cases/user stories)
– Exp juggling multiple projects
Soft Skill: Strong Initiative, accountability, teamwork
How to ApplyApply by email ONLY: Taylor Janse Van Rensburg Sourcing Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
87 total views, 0 today