Full-Time Business Development Manager
We Are Overstock:
At Overstock.com, we believe that everyone should “Be You!”. Overstock is a community that upholds a culture of understanding, acceptance, and respect. We believe a person’s individuality is at the core of diversity, and those traits, beliefs, and characteristics should be valued and embraced. Living by this ethos is essential to the success of our business. Our goal is to foster a more diverse environment where every employee visibly demonstrates inclusive behaviors and respect for individuals.
This position is eligible for remote work. Currently we can hire employees in the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming. This role will have occasional on site expectations.
- Develops long-term supplier/customer acquisition strategies while focusing on developing short-term sales and growth opportunities.
- Collaborates with internal merchant groups, analyzes product line metrics, and searches for suppliers and customers in markets that complement the company’s product strategies.
- Assesses supplier potential based on their compatibility with the company’s product strategies and initiates contact to develop business relationships and generate sales.
- Continuously seeks new business opportunities by attending trade shows and researching industry market trends.
- Initiates contact with potential suppliers for the purpose of developing lasting sales relationships and evaluates product categories that complement the company’s product assortment and brand strategies.
- Negotiates new sales agreements, coordinates with the Legal team on updates/changes, and encourages business relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Introduces the company’s business processes and systems and guides them through the initial phase of selling their products through the company’s website.
- Creates an acquisition pipeline of potential suppliers. Qualifies targeted suppliers and transitions them through the acquisition process through and including the onboarding process.
- Develops marketing plans and strategies to engage potential customers.
- Creates acquisition marketing presentations and persuades suppliers or customers to engage in sourcing relationships.
- Suggests updates to agreements and processes to remain competitive in landscape.
- Ensures partners understand the elements of supplier agreements and clarifies any points in the agreements where there may be confusion or misunderstanding.
- Collaborates closely with Account Relationship Specialists to ensure new suppliers are completing all training milestones.
- Follows prescribed legal guidelines and requirements.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Three years of professional experience in sales, financial analysis, marketing and/or business development for the purpose of developing supplier/customer, account, or product relationships is required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must have proven success in sales, account acquisition and business development.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills and be able to professionally communicate complex business concepts.
- Must have excellent time management and decision-making skills and be able to prioritize and organize tasks and projects.
- Must have strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing timelines effectively.
- Must demonstrate proven negotiation skills and influence suppliers or customers in various marketing segments.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and work effectively and collaboratively across various departments to meet goals and deadlines.
- Must have highly developed and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must have advanced qualitative and quantitative analytical skills and organize data to support persuasive, data-driven arguments.
- Experience hiring and leading diverse teams.
- Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Finance or any related field or a combination of education and/or experience based on the table above is required.
Base Salary Range:
$60,000 – $80,000 per year
Who We Are:
We’re a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
- 401k (6% match)
- Flexible Schedules
- Onsite Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Overstock Women’s Network (OWN)
- And More…
*Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
How to Applyhttps://overstock.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Overstock_Careers/job/Remote---United-States/Business-Development-Manager_R0006313-1
23 total views, 2 today