Part-Time Business Development Coordinator
Are you an enthusiastic collaborator who enjoys creating connections and building relationships? If this resonates with you and you are looking to grow your skills in business development – read on! We here at the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) are seeking a part-time Business Development Coordinator to help us broaden our reach and grow NACE’s business partners. Here, you’ll engage in various outreach efforts to generate interest in sales offerings, create & build business relationships, and facilitate sponsorship fulfillment. This role is fully remote as NACE is a virtual organization – as such, you’ll have the ability to work from almost anywhere, though preference will be given to those in the eastern or central time zones. Take the first steps to join our success story and apply today!
What you’ll do
Reporting to and working closely with our Senior Manager of Business Development & Outreach, you will help to generate new ideas for NACE business opportunities and bring them to life by with engaging prospect outreach and relationship building. Day to day, you will:
- Gain a solid understanding of NACE membership, sponsor, advertiser, exhibitor packages sold, benefits included, creative asset requirements, and the NACE channels for each
- Utilize your stellar customer services skills as the primary NACE pre and post-sales support contact, working with cross-functional teams to fulfill package obligations, invoice requests, contracts, and membership inquiries
- Engage in innovative outreach efforts such as research, prospect list creation & maintenance, and building relationships with prospective business partners with frequent collaboration, communication, & follow-through
- Work directly with sponsors, exhibitors, and advertisers to ensure deadlines are met and support them through the process of fulfilling their sponsorships via phone calls and emails
- Assist our Senior Manager with scheduling meetings, follow-up communications, email inbox management, and recordkeeping in Salesforce and Smartsheet
What you need to thrive in this role
- As a part-time team member, you will work about 25 hours/week with the ability to work M-F within NACE business hours.
- 2-5 years’ experience in fundraising, sales, marketing & graphics, and/or customer service; experience working with associations, nonprofits, and/or higher education preferred
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- You are an engaging people person who thrives on relationship-building and a strong willingness to learn & grow. You are organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated to prioritize your time independently and successfully meet deadlines
- Well-rounded and adaptable communicator who is comfortable communicating with new and existing customers via email, phone, and video calls
- Excellent multi-tasker with the ability to handle multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe products, internet search engines, social networking sites, scheduling tools, and customer databases; experience in Salesforce and Smartsheet a plus
- Ability to travel about 10% of the time for NACE Conference & Expo, staff retreats, and additional conferences as needed
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) values robust and substantive learning experiences for the profession and NACE members. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of the members we serve and the populations that are directly impacted by our members’ work. Our members are responsible for the career development of college students on their campuses and the hiring of the next generation of the workforce. It is critically important to the future of the profession that our members understand and engage in leading practices effectively; and we are dedicated to supporting the education and professional development interests and needs of our members.
What We Offer You
NACE employees enjoy a work environment that values collaboration, innovation, and excellence. Part-time employees receive an excellent benefits package, including:
- Hourly pay of $20-22/hr
- 16 hours of PTO and 20 hours of paid vacation prorated for the first year
- 4 paid hours for each NACE holiday – including MLK Jr. Day, Juneteenth, and the week between Christmas and New Year’s in 2023
- Eligible for 401(k) and discretionary contribution after 6 months of employment
NACE believes in a world that is inclusive in approach and where equal opportunities and equitable outcomes exist for all. The NACE community is committed to developing and supporting a robustly diverse, equitable, and inclusive community, where all members create and feel a sense of belonging. Through our collective deliberate efforts, NACE provides a basis for social justice. As the voice of professionals focused on the development and employment of the college-educated, it is critical for NACE to be explicit in the expression of our collective drive toward these ideals. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to that by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
How to ApplyI’m interested! How do I get started? Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oFNkofwU&s=Pink_Jobs Is this the job for you? If not, feel free to share this link with someone who might be interested. Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Thank you for considering us as a potential employer! NACE believes in a world that is inclusive in approach and where equal opportunities and equitable outcomes exist for all. The NACE community is committed to developing and supporting a robustly diverse, equitable, and inclusive community, where all members create and feel a sense of belonging. Through our collective deliberate efforts, NACE provides a basis for social justice. As the voice of professionals focused on the development and employment of the college-educated, it is critical for NACE to be explicit in the expression of our collective drive toward these ideals. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to that by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
24 total views, 1 today