Full-Time Bus Driver-10 Month
LOCATION: Niceville Campus
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a 10-month position which will be paid over 12 months.
The Bus Driver is directly accountable to the Fleet Manager for the below-listed duties and responsibilities.
- Transports authorized students as scheduled and assigned.
- Obeys all traffic laws, safety regulations, and precautions.
- Abides by and enforces regulations regarding student behavior and activities on buses.
- Maintains appropriate student behavior while on the bus and reports disciplinary problems to the appropriate CHS authority.
- Releases students only at authorized stops and ensures students use appropriate exit.
- Wears a seat belt and abides by all rules and regulations consistent with their licensure for bus transportation.
- Completes all assigned bus routes.
- Assist Bus Transportation Coordinator in mapping, scheduling, updating, and altering bus routes as assigned.
- Assures all safety regulations for buses are followed by driver and students.
- Clean bus daily.
- Checks bus before each operation for mechanical defects and notifies proper authority in case of mechanical failure or cause for late arrival/departure.
- Assures that students are removed from the bus prior to re-fueling.
- Posts current route sheet in bus.
- Attends meetings and training classes as assigned.
- Cooperates with school officials and employees in mechanical maintenance and repair.
- Completes all reports and records and files with appropriate personnel.
- Parks and picks up buses as assigned by Bus Transportation Coordinator.
- Complies with all provisions of NWFSC Board policy.
- Collects, inventories, and delivers to the CHS administrative assistant any personal items left on bus by students.
- Abides by and facilitates adherence to all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures.
- Maintains professional ethical standards and high level of professional development/knowledge for their industry.
- Ensures building and equipment meet all safety, security, and fire regulations and procedures.As a part of the College’s risk management tool annual mandatory compliance training is required
- Other duties as assigned.
- College paid health insurance for employee, dependent coverage at employee’s expense.
- College paid basic life insurance for employee, additional coverage for employee and/or dependents at employee’s expense.
- College paid retirement with 3% employee contribution to the Florida Retirement System (FRS).
- Optional dental and vision insurance at employee’s expense.
- Sick and Annual (Vacation) Leave accrual.
- Time off for designated holidays, winter break, and spring break.
- 36-hour work week.
- Flexible summer hours available.
- Free tickets to designated Mattie Kelly Arts Center and Raider Athletic events.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Hold a valid CDL license OR Class B license.
- The minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and communicate with students and school staff.
- Ability to prepare written reports; add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and make decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to manage students’ behavior effectively.
- Ability to sit and walk and stand.
- Ability to work in hot or cold temperatures; meet deadlines with severe time constraints; and cope with loud noise levels.
- Lift minimum of 35 Lbs.
- Possess a valid State Drive License.
- Employment is contingent on passing a physical.
- A preemployment drug screening will be required for this position.
How to ApplyPlease provide a complete application package that includes all of the following:
- NWFSC Application.
- A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position.
- Copies of unofficial transcripts.
71 total views, 1 today