Full-Time Building Inspector/Combination Inspector/Senior Building Inspector
The Town of Vail is now hiring a Building Inspector to facilitate the coordination of the building inspection processes. This is not just a job – this is a career!
Building/Combination Inspector – $66,797-$86,836
Senior Building Inspector – $75,022-$99,029
*Position and pay rate DOEQ.
Work includes performing building, plumbing, and mechanical inspections of residential and commercial projects (electrical inspections if licensed). It also involves reviewing permit applications and construction drawings to ensure building code compliance and safety. ALL levels of building inspectors are welcome to apply (Building Inspector, Combination Inspector, Senior Building Inspector, etc.). This position provides opportunities for growth and development within the municipal building and planning industry. The Town of Vail Community Development department is a fast-paced environment, providing exposure to all different types of building structures and challenges.
General responsibilities include:
- Provides a high level of customer service to all customers regarding the building permit and inspection processes and building code requirements.
- Performs inspections of projects to confirm that the construction is in accordance with the submitted plans, codes, and regulations enforced by the Town of Vail. This includes the review of submitted blueprints/drawings for compliance and inspecting construction activities to assure all projects are built in a safe manner and in accordance with the adopted codes, plans and specifications.
- Provides advice to construction industry professionals concerning building modifications and/or corrections, prepares notices of corrections in progress, and notifies builders and owners of said corrections.
- Reviews quality of materials and methods of construction; posts Stop Work Orders at construction sites where permits are absent or other violations occur; and maintains clear and concise records of inspections and inspection results.
- Answers inquiries and technical questions posed by contractors, engineers, architects, and property owners; investigates complaints and citizen requests; answers questions concerning code interpretation or inspection techniques; assists in the issuance, inspections, case tracking and final resolution of building violations and Stop Work Orders.
- Performs residential and commercial technical plan reviews to ensure that construction drawings for projects comply with building codes and standards adopted by the Town.
- Coordinates with all other departments involved in the building design and construction process concerning building inspections and permitting.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
- High school education and four (4) years’ experience in construction or a directly related technical field.
- Previous experience in dealing with the public and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read and understand construction blueprints and highly technical construction specifications and building codes/standards documents.
- Thorough working knowledge of construction techniques and technology and codes/standards.
- Thorough working knowledge of the development review, building permit and building plan review processes and procedures.
- Willingness to learn and grow within the inspection and plans examination industry.
- Certification in two (2) or more International Code Council Inspector disciplines, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date. Ability to obtain further certification within 18 months of hire date.
- Certification in 3 or more International Code Council Inspector/Plans Examiner disciplines and ability to obtain further certification within 18 months of hire date.
*Minimum requirements for a Combination Inspector include Journeyman or Master Electrician licensing through Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA).
Are you interested in living and working in Vail, CO? Vail, which is centrally located in the Rocky Mountains, offers easy access to Denver (100 miles to the east) and is surrounded by the White River National Forest, offering world class outdoor activities in summer and winter (skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, white water).
When asked, most of our employees say that working for the Town of Vail feels like family. Our values-based culture is nurtured by the employees’ strong desire to foster teamwork, take ownership in Vail’s future and an overall pride for serving their community. Let’s not forget that our efforts not only benefit the community but also allow us to enjoy the spectacular amenities and culture in the Vail Valley which we call home! To find out more about our community, please visit our website www.vailgov.com and click on Vail Information.
Year-Round Benefits (2022 Benefits Guide)
The Town of Vail offers an excellent benefits and compensation package to our Full-time employees. This includes health and dental coverage, town-funded retirement, 457 pre-tax savings plan, life/survivor insurance, tennis pass, golf pass and other ski pass/wellness benefits.
What’s more, the town offers many other benefits to help employees make Vail their “home” including employee housing options, home buyer/renter assistance programs, day care assistance, education reimbursements, professional development opportunities and much, much more.
The Town of Vail is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe diversity makes us stronger!
The Town of Vail provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics information, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law or regulation. We do this not only because its the law but because it is the right thing to do. It is our intention that all qualified employees and applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyPlease apply by clicking on the following link to the applications page: Town of Vail > DEPARTMENTS > HUMAN RESOURCES > Employment > Building Inspector/Combination Inspector/Senior Building Inspector in Vail, Colorado | Careers at Town of Vail (icims.com) Candidates - Cover Letters are Appreciated and Under-Rated!
272 total views, 0 today