Full-Time Building Enclosure Specialist/Architect II or Architectural Designer
Who We Are
At OAC, we do what we love in the service of people who love what we do. This means that we have many different disciplines with one common goal: to serve our clients and communities as trusted partners while focusing on how design and construction can improve all aspects of the built environment. To accomplish this, we focus on hiring professionals who are experts in their fields, inspire others, enjoy sharing knowledge, and see collaboration as not only an asset, but a necessity. If you are passionate about your work and would like to work in a positive, energized environment, then you’ll find a home with us!
Who You Are
We are looking for a talented Building Enclosure Specialist/Architect II or Architectural Designer to join our Building Sciences Team. This position facilitates the execution of building design according to client’s needs, desires, and financial resources, with a technical focus on building envelopes.
The person in this role will be responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned major project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meets the client’s needs. They will provide professional architectural consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of large complex projects as well as independently apply advanced architectural concepts and designs throughout. They will also will carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures and may provide technical guidance to less experienced architects and staff.
In addition, the person holding this position will have full responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple small to midsize projects and will prepare strategic plans for project success. They will be responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects. They will serve as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction. This person will actively manage client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments. as well as estimate fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Job Duties
- Author reports, memorandums, specifications, etc.
- Create of design drawings and details for permitting, bidding, etc.
- Prepare presentation materials.
- Code and materials research and application.
- Manage project design through all development stages (SD, DD, CD).
- Lead design presentations to clients and other project partners.
- Ownership of design scheduling and document management.
- Pursuit set up and updates into internal data management systems.
- Lead or assist in the development of Fee Proposals.
- Responsible for contract administration, management, and negotiations.
- Primary point of contact for client and other project partners.
- Track project resources, budgets, schedules and tasks in internal data management systems.
- Hold ownership of project file organization and management.
- Review/approve invoices, proactively follow up on outstanding accounts when appropriate.
- Attend pre-construction meetings.
- Periodic on-site review of construction activities.
- Record construction activities via photographs and written field reports.
- Drive to various job sites/offices.
- Associate degree required or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in production on a design team, as well as in digital design or related fields (BIM) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or similar discipline preferred.
- Preferred to be a licensed Architect in the State of Washington with the ability to obtain other State Licenses as needed.
- Professional accreditation or certification preferred. Examples include: PMP, LEED, AIA, PE, GCCM, DBIA.
- Member of at least one other allied building industry professional organization such as Construction Specifications preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Deltek Vantagepoint and other business administration software.
- Experience with Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and other design related software.
- Knowledge of and practical experience using design software tools and following industry best practices.
- Knowledge of and practical experience applying building, zoning, land use, and energy codes as well as industry accepted testing standards, etc.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to pass motor vehicle record check and comply with OAC’s motor vehicle policy
*Foreign degree equivalent is acceptable.
Why Work for Us
At OAC we know we are not perfect; therefore, we are committed to continually looking for ways to grow and improve. We are committed to being known as a “best place to work”; in fact, it’s a strategic goal of ours that we are consistently analyzing and working on. We are dedicated to improving the health, well-being, and sense of belonging for all our employees, and we are committed to make better happen – for our employees, our clients, and our community. We pay all our employees equitably for substantially similar work and offer a total rewards package that is competitive. At the time of this job posting, the annual base pay for this role in the Seattle area is between $75,000-$110,000. Base pay is determined through analyzing various factors, including (but not limited to): location, skills, experience, education, knowledge, internal equity, industry indicators, external market factors, and the availability of skilled professionals in the area.
In addition to base pay, our benefits include:
- Flexible scheduling and hybrid work arrangements (when feasible)
- Health benefits for both single employees and families that are above those generally provided by our peers
- 100% company paid coverage for employee medical, dental and vision insurance premiums and 70% premium coverage spouse/domestic partner and dependents
- The choice between two medical coverage options and two dental plans
- Company paid coverage for employees and dependents for on-demand primary medical care
- Health savings account with company contribution provided
- Health care, limited purpose, and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company paid short-term, long-term, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance plans
- Paid parental leave in addition to state parental leave benefits
- 401K retirement plan and up to 5% match of annual
- Commuting benefit for transit or parking costs
- Annual discretionary performance bonus
- Company purchased iPhone or monthly phone reimbursement
- Fitness membership reimbursement
- Annual charitable donation matching
- Opportunity to purchase company stock when offered and eligible
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Voluntary AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Voluntary Norton LifeLock ID Theft Protection
- Generous paid time off including flexible personal holidays, vacation, and sick time
About the Firm
Founded in 1955, OAC provides public and private multi-disciplinary, building consulting services. OAC delivers comprehensive program management, applying proven management techniques to the planning, design, and construction of a project from inception to completion. OAC’s building enclosure team designs efficient, complete, and sustainable building enclosure systems. The Forensic Architecture and Engineering practice at OAC provide investigation, repair design, and expert witness consulting on construction litigation and insurance claims.
For over six decades, OAC has been widely recognized as one of the best in our industry. For the 4th year in a row, we made “The top 10 Best Workplaces in Washington” and continues to earn “Washington’s Best Companies to Work For” – Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces – Puget Sound Business Journal. We are a growing company, with locations in Seattle, Spokane, Olympia, Everett, San Diego, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, and Dallas.
The future is bright as we continue to expand – check out our website for more:
OAC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to **@oa*****.com.
How to ApplyPlease use this link to apply: Apply here
57 total views, 2 today