Full-Time Bridge Inspector – Entry Level – NEW HIGHER SALARY!
- Inspect all types of highway structures, including bridges, culverts, large pipes and walkways, and sign clearances measurements.
- Take precise structure measurements to detect movement, deterioration, and/or damage to structural members and document discovered deficiencies.
- Write detailed structure inspection reports documenting all findings necessary for use in our asset management program that includes determining structural integrity and safety of State highway structures.
- Assist our Team Leader performing in-depth inspections on bridges, light standards, culverts, pipes, sign supports & overhead walkways, and preparing reports detailing conditions found during the inspections. Reports are used in the evaluation process to determine structural integrity and capability to support loads imposed on them by the traveling public and/or natural forces.
- Train new inspectors.
- Schedule and plan team activities in conformance with bridge priorities.
- Safety toe shoes.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with structure plan reading.
- Experience with bridge inspection equipment, i.e. Hydra Platforms, Man Lifts, Snooper Trucks or Boats.
- Skills using digital cameras, tape measures, hammers, and ladders.
- Drafting, sketching, and report writing skills.
- Ability to drive a state vehicle and/or drive alone.
- Able to work in hazardous conditions, such as in traffic congestion, on slopes, climbing high steel, working in confined areas, working above water, or a snooper crane at considerable heights.
- Ability to work outdoors at considerable heights and slopes with possible exposure to snakes, spiders, insects, and poisonous plants.
- Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering Technology; or
- High school/GED diploma, and
- 2+ years experience in the inspection, construction, design or maintenance of major steel or concrete bridges or other structures;
- An equivalent combination of training and directly related experience.
- Candidates with bridge safety inspection experience.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/bdm5t9d6
57 total views, 0 today