Full-Time Backend Senior Software Engineer
At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world. Now, we’re searching for a motivated Backend Senior Software Engineer to join our 60+ person in-house Engineering team to help take this mission to the next step.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating world-class software applications that power Warby Parker day in and day out. We build most of our technology in-house (think: e-commerce systems, business systems, and everything in between). The point-of-sale system, called “Point of Everything,” that supports our 100+ retail fleet? The Prescription Check app that lets our customers renew their glasses prescriptions from home? The enterprise resource planning software that runs our entire business operations? We built them all—and more!—by listening closely to customers and collaborators alike (from Finance to Supply Chain) and by being relentlessly iterative. Project to project, working here is an exciting opportunity to build products at the intersection of medical devices, e-commerce, retail, and fashion.
Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical chops to oversee a product’s lifecycle while keeping code quality top of mind. If you’re a motivated software engineer who takes your work seriously—but not yourself—you may be just what we’re looking for. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop world class backend applications that power our iconic business
- Collaborate with product teams to deliver world-class technical solutions to drive business value and meet stakeholder needs
- Tackle challenges of scale though solid engineering practices and creative problem solving
- Ensure your products are resilient and meet well-defined service level agreements with client stakeholders
- Participate in code reviews and help maintain high standards of code quality
- Exceed quality expectations through a strong test-minded approach at every step of the SDLC
- Monitor your application and resolve issues and SLA violations quickly and efficiently
Who you are:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in professional software development
- Expert at building webscale applications
- Proficient in Python or GoLang
- Proficient in Databases and Data Modeling
- Proficient in API design and standards
- Proficient and open-minded communicator (over email, in person, via carrier pigeon!)
- Proficient in agile work processes—you’re comfortable breaking down large pieces of work to deliver value incrementally
- Proficient in unit, integration, load, and other forms of application testing
- Proficient in system & process documentation
- Demonstrated ability to deliver software projects with a high level of autonomy
- You are not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure
- Familiar with web and mobile native application (iOS, Android) development
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We’re driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
How to Applyhttps://grnh.se/a0fe34601us
1030 total views, 0 today