Full-Time Audit Director
Manages all activities related to a specific aspect of the control environments. For audits, this includes a comprehensive evaluation of the risk management and internal control activities, including consultation with and evaluation of other departments (i.e., Compliance, Technology, Risk). Manages and executes all activities relating to the planning, implementation and quality execution of an audit, audit project, or special assignment (i.e., Model Audit, Professional Practices). Responsible for providing thorough and reliable information to senior management (of businesses and/or Audit) and thoughtful recommendations for action or improvement. Manages and develops direct reports and their teams, including the provision of timely feedback, training, and career development guidance.
- Directs the implementation of all aspects of the audit group. Responsible for output, including written reports or presentations, the quality of ideas and research, and for assessments of risk and other decision variables. Translates a strategic view into an appropriate Audit Universe/Risk Assessment and Audit Plan that prioritizes efforts appropriately. Manages projects (on time, within budget, quality-controlled) and in accordance with department methodologies and standards, and all regulatory requirements. Leads project planning, including scoping and risk analysis. Leverages advanced business knowledge or experience in order to practice strategic or systemic results. Able to query business clients and colleagues in Audit to understand the underlying processes and procedures necessary to evaluate the control risks.
- Provides knowledge sharing and support of intellectual capital in a specialized technical area within audit groups or across the department. Engages in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations, or a particular specialty and actively seeks to apply this knowledge in their role and pass it on to the wider audit team. Thinks beyond past routines about new issues or risks. Proficient with using statistical or modelling computing software. Demonstrates skills through advanced analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the project leader, audit manager, and auditees.
- Serves as an internal resource, leading others in creating and maintaining accurate and clear work documents, completing tasks on time, on budget, and accurately, and quickly learning new businesses, processes, and regulations. Monitors business, regulatory and financial developments and related risks for assigned line of business. Understands business strategies, processes and regulations effectively and quickly across multiple area of the Bank.
- Oversees the writing of clear, analytically sound documents, reports or presentations that are client-ready. Develops relationships with senior members of the Audit team, external parties (Auditors), and senior business partners. Builds and maintains key client relationships, serving as an advisor in enhancing the control environment and operational efficiency.
- Manages multiple ongoing projects and relationships while effectively responding to unplanned, critical needs. Prioritizes project workflows. Investigates unexpected situations, providing thoughtful analysis and resolution.
Legal Entity Responsibilities
- As an Audit Legal Entity Owner for FSIDAC, the person has local responsibility and accountability for the internal audit function for the areas under his/her remit and is responsible for conducting and/or supervising the audits of all activities of the entity.
- The position relates to a Pre-Approval Controlled Function (PCF) as Head of Internal Audit PCF-13 subject to the Central Bank of Ireland suitability assessment and approval.
- The responsibilities include:
- Delivery of a risk based annual audit plan in accordance with the BNY Mellon global audit methodology, the IIA standards and regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring and reporting of progress made in the delivery of the agreed annual audit plan and progress in implementing the agreed audit action plans.
- Where relevant, review and influence the scope of the audits to ensure it covers FSIDAC specificities, incorporating changing regulation and existing / emerging risks impacting the entity.
- Manage and develop the local Audit team, ensuring the staff employed have sufficient knowledge, experience and skills to perform their roles.
- Cooperate closely with the DCA International Audit and BNY Mellon Audit Leadership team to ensure that all deliverables accomplished and resources managed wisely.
- Report and escalate to the FSIDAC progress of all audit activities towards target, any significant issues, local regulatory exchanges, audit process, people or system challenges.
- Perform a targeted continuous monitoring on all significant activities of/ impacting the Legal entity and the business under remit.
- Support the delivery of regulatory and governing bodies requests for the audit activities under remit.
- Report and escalate to the FSIDAC Management Committee, Board and Audit Committee and other relevant fora/committees on progress of all audit activities towards target, any significant issues, local regulatory exchanges, audit process, people or system challenges applying to the entity
- Demonstrates leadership through work guidance and training of less experienced peers and through advice to assigned clients. Often leads teams on discrete projects, providing informal performance guidance or mentoring to team members. May provide technical direction in area of audit specialty.
- Responsible for the achievement of goals and objectives for assigned teams; teams represent a significant proportion of the functional area with an impact on the achievement of overall functional objectives.
- Appropriate knowledge of the Irish regulatory framework around Investment Fund, AML, outsourcing and key EBA regulation.
- Acting a point of contacts for all legal entity governing bodies, regulators and external auditors.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant critical thinking specialty such as MIS, DIS, Computer Science, Mathematics preferred. MBA, CPA, CFA or related certifications preferred.
Significant related experience required. Prior experience as head of Audit preferred. Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving.
This P/CF role will be subject to your ongoing compliance, to our satisfaction, with the Central Bank’s fitness and probity standards and any other applicable requirements relevant to your role
This PCF position, for the purposes of Section 23 of the Central Bank Reform Act 2010, will require approval to be granted by the Central Bank of Ireland before a candidate commences employment.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers/job?domain=bnymellon.com&query=28139&pid=13503312
161 total views, 0 today