Part-Time Athletics Program Coordinator
The Athletic Program Coordinator is responsible for facilitating athletics program materials, developing curriculum and teaching classes/sports teams within the Athletic Department. The Athletics Program Coordinator partners with the Athletics Program Manager in screening, hiring, and providing direction to instructors/coaches for sports classes and sports programming for the JCCSF. This position also assists with sports leagues (basketball, soccer and more) and in overseeing the gymnasium. This is a highly visible position and is a primary point of contact for questions, clarifications, and general knowledge of all athletic program offerings.
- Assist Program Manager with hiring, training, evaluating, and providing direction to JCCSF coaches.
- Effectively communicate a strong and clear program-wide vision during the hiring process.
- Envision, plan, schedule, coordinate and ensure proper staffing and management of all coaches’ meetings, trainings, practices, programs, and special events.
- Maintain a consistent presence at all program events (weekend games, practices, closing ceremonies etc.) to ensure effective oversight and coach development and cultivation.
- Maintain consistent and effective communication with all coaches, setting expectations and providing clear information and direction to implement high-quality curriculum, illustrating program goals.
- Work with outside leagues and organizations to ensure that JCCSF coaches meet the requirements of these organizations.
Assist in Practice/Game Oversight
- Deliver and return practice equipment and be present during practice hours and transitions.
- Provide guidance, feedback and direction to coaches and participants.
- Be familiar with practice plans each week and check in with coaches to ensure practice objectives are met.
- Coach teams as needed when regular coaches are absent.
- Ensure a positive and safe environment for all program participants, coaches, and families.
- Help develop and follow lesson plans, teach a variety of youth sports classes during each program season as needed, such as a weekly pre-k sports class and seasonal basketball clinics.
- Help manage large groups of children and facilitate development of sport and life skills.
- Effectively communicate with youth sports program staff, participants, and parents
- Help in administration of leagues and classes.
- Assist in organizing and supervising all athletics programs.
- Assist in the development and distribution of parental, participant and staff communications.
- Actively seek feedback from program participants and have ongoing assessment of programs; work with supervisor on making changes and developing new programs as appropriate.
- Assist Athletic Program Manager in evaluating talent and creating team schedules for league programs.
- Assist in developing and implementing curriculum for new sports class offerings.
- Generate, integrate, and share new ideas; demonstrate creativity and develop innovative programs, services, and systems and conjunction with the Athletics Program Manager
- Work with supervisor to understand and implement the vision and strategy plan for alignment with JCC impact and growth objectives within the Athletic Department.
- Proactively foster, develop, and maintain relationships in the community that will allow JCC to enhance and expand services for children and families.
- Maintain personal contact with families, program participants and school partners, soliciting feedback and developing relationships.
- Work with Youth and Family Administration, Business Systems, Marketing to prepare internal documents and communications for seasonal programs.
- Registration for classes, leagues, and all other programs (track registered users, update rosters, team pages, coaching assignments, etc.)
- Set up, clean up and maintenance of all indoor and outdoor spaces and equipment such as gymnasium, equipment, storage, and coaches’ office.
- Experience working with children aged 3-13 years. Working knowledge of child development is a plus.
- Previous experience working in an athletics background, specifically with basketball program.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to write detailed, articulate email communications.
- Energetic and outgoing personality, and ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to transition smoothly between office role and direct program.
- Current CPR & First Aid certification preferred, or ability to obtain upon hire.
This position works within the JCCSF facility and occasionally at other athletic facilities. Public-facing role includes regular, frequent interactions with children and parents. Primary work functions occur within an office setting and in a gymnasium.
The physical demands stated here are typical of those that an employee must meet in order to successfully execute the basic responsibilities of this employment. Individuals with impairments may be given reasonable accommodations to execute the functions. This position necessitates frequent standing and bending, as well as the ability to lift up to 35 pounds. At times, the individual will be exposed to the elements, whether hot or cold. This employment may necessitate working outside of normal business hours, such as evenings and weekends.
Benefited, non-exempt, collective bargaining position.
Collective bargaining unit classification
September – October 20 hours/week
November – March 40 hours/week
March – May 20 hours/week
Weekend hours required during the school year. Occasional evening hours required. Staggered work schedule is possible. Weekly schedule may change depending on sports season. Vacations must be scheduled during program closures. Due to the nature of the team sports schedules, we cannot guarantee two consecutive days off each week.
How to ApplyPlease apply at www.jccsf.org/careers
235 total views, 0 today