We are recruiting Associates to join our consulting team in our Boston office. The position offers an opportunity to focus on the most strategic, high impact issues that school systems face and to work directly with respected leaders in K-12 public education. The role also presents a rich developmental opportunity, including coaching from seasoned leaders with experience in running school systems, founding companies, and working at top-tier private sector consulting firms.
The Associate role has a wide, evolving range of responsibilities, with opportunities for rapid advancement based on demonstrated success. Typical responsibilities include:
• Helping to develop and manage multi-year strategies for our client school districts by collecting data, conducting analysis, developing key recommendations, and presenting the findings to clients.
• Supporting successful implementation of strategy while working across multiple client school districts through effective project management and regular communication.
• Ensuring that clients fully understand solutions presented, demonstrating patience, empathy, and an appreciation for organizational dynamics and the barriers to change.
• Conducting primary and secondary research to expand our library of district case studies, best practices and rigorous analytical frameworks designed specifically for school districts.
• Providing feedback and ideas to our software solutions team as they develop technology products to embed reform in our client districts.
• Working collaboratively with internal staff to ensure the continued growth and effectiveness of DMGroup’s programs, including our membership network and events, research and publications, software, and consulting.
• Because we are a small, fast-growing, firm, the individual hired for this position will be a very important member of the company and will be expected to participate in all aspects of our growth and development.
DMGroup’s mission is to improve public education in the United States. We do meaningful work on a critical problem in our society. DMGroup is dedicated to improving public education in the United States by combining management techniques and education best practices. DMGroup provides district leaders with the expertise, tools, and support to help schools and students thrive. We focus on approaches that are proven, scalable, and replicable. Our work is challenging, strategic and important.
Since 2004, we have served as a trusted partner to districts and established a superior reputation for driving change and enabling improved results. Today, member and client school districts of DMGroup serve more than 4.5 million students across 34 states.
DMGroup gives you opportunities to make a real difference.
Qualifications & Experience
Key Attributes: Above all else, we look for two key qualities in our team members. The first is superior analytical strength. We seek individuals who possess the curiosity and force of intellect to take complex problems, conduct rigorous analyses, and present solutions in simple and concise terms. The second quality is a passion for service. We seek to hire individuals who derive genuine pleasure from providing a level of service far beyond what is required, and who care deeply about improving our nations’ schools
Skills & Experience: Candidates for the Associate position are preferred to have 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience (consulting, finance or work in a school ideally) and a record of outstanding academic achievement and extracurricular leadership. Candidates should possess excellent problem-solving and brainstorming skills, comfort with quantitative and statistical analysis, superior interpersonal skills and experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Candidates should be able to work both independently as well as collaboratively in a team and be able to present oneself and one’s ideas with clarity, confidence and composure.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in DMGroup with your salary requirements.
Learn more about us at www.dmgroupK12.com
Please Note: We are unable to sponsor candidates for this position. All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
24 total views, 3 today