Full-Time Associate Economics Consultant
We are looking for a Consultant with a background in economic development to join our team in helping shape creative solutions to address the challenges facing cities around the world.
From helping shape entire cities to tackling the challenge of climate action, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our work and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
Operating in 26 locations worldwide, with over 70 partners and 1,900 employees. We are an international practice of experts in all aspects of built environments, inspired by how we can achieve better outcomes.
This Will Encompass:
- Developing tailored consulting technical solutions; ensuring the delivery of exceptional cradle to grave support to clients, delivering an approach that adapts to their understanding, experience and needs.
- Main project lead taking ownership of the financial and technical success of the projects whilst strengthening the client relationships and repeat business opportunities.
- Contributing towards innovation, technical capability and skills development initiatives and programmes.
- Monitors and manages the successful delivery of projects in this context and in terms of technical quality, timely delivery, financial performance and client satisfaction.
- Contribute to developing an active pipeline of Strategic Planning business opportunities aligned with the business plan.
- Maintaining an accurate picture of current and future market trends in order to establish and continuously improve our offering across the sector.
- Accountable for effective business and project planning on projects where project Leader; and supporting own direct reports to deliver in this respect.
- Provide economic and financial analyses in cross-disciplinary strategic advisory projects including economic development strategies/policies, integrated urban development and strategic spatial planning projects.
- Experience of working with UK and international public and private sector and multilateral clients.
- A deep understanding of the economic drivers behind development projects and the built environment.
- Leading the development of business cases using the UK Treasury Green Book approach and other applicable international standards.
- Conducting socio-economic impact analyses for policies and projects.
- Building and reviewing financial models for projects of different scales, from large-scale regional redevelopments to single-site real estate investments.
- Ability to deliver effective client outcomes when the scope is ambiguous, and data are lacking.
- Project leadership and management skills with a track record of exceptional technical delivery (5+ years post qualification experience).
- Effective stakeholder management and engagement skills.
- A collaborative team player effective in leading high performing multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Experience of work winning and ability to build relationships with clients.
- Capacity to innovate and work at the leading edge of our industry evidenced through involvement in incubation and application of new solutions, thought leadership and applied research and development activities.
Specialist technical and sector experience in a number of the following areas:
- Strategic advisory for urban development and regeneration and/or infrastructure plans programmes and projects
- Economic development strategy for cities and regions to support competitiveness, productivity and diversification objectives.
- Development economics
- Environmental economics applied to address urban development challenges
- Industrial and sector strategies
- Tourism strategy and market development
- Industrial parks and special economic zones
- Real estate advisory
- Private sector development expertise including enterprise and SME strategy
- Labour market, skills and human capital development strategy
- Foresight and scenario analysis techniques
Economic assessment and appraisal
- Quantitative economic analysis and demographic modelling to identify economic and social needs and demands for development and infrastructure
- Economic appraisal and economic impact assessment, along with familiarity of design, development and use of financial or business case modelling techniques for urban, infrastructure, environmental and digital interventions
- Real estate appraisal
- Economic valuation using stated and revealed preference methods
- Proficient in economic and financial modelling (Excel)
- Integrate technical inputs such as capital costs and performance data into relevant financial metrics.
- Foreign language skills desirable
- Interest in working internationally and a willingness to travel.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and ability to work across a wide range of geographies.
Send your application to Buro Happold and take the first step on a journey to fulfilling your potential.
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of.
Described by our clients as ‘passionate’, ‘innovative’, ‘collaborative’: Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world’s leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
How to ApplyPlease apply on our website via the following link https://careers.burohappold.com/vacancy/associate-economics-consultant--475099.html#hs_show_apply_popup=true or email us on email@example.com
472 total views, 0 today