Full-Time Associate Director of the Fund for Lyric
REPORTS TO: Director of the Fund for Lyric
JOB STATUS: Full time, exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
The Fund for Lyric consists of all direct-response fundraising programs at Lyric Opera of Chicago. The Associate Director is responsible for retaining, increasing, acquiring and reactivating donor support by executing Lyric’s multi-channel solicitation appeals through mail, phone, and electronic platforms.
The Associate Director of the Fund for Lyric will execute direct-response appeals for two key donor societies, the Friends of Lyric ($50-$4,999) and the Patrons of Lyric ($5,000-$24,999). Additionally, the Associate Director will serve as a general contact point for Patrons and will partner with gift officers in developing opportunities to cultivate and steward this society of donors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Development colleagues to tell the story of philanthropy through direct-response appeals that inspire growing rates of upgrade, retention, reactivation, and acquisition.
• Execute Lyric’s five annual direct mail appeals, which includes pulling data, creating suggested donation amounts, writing letter variations, and producing creative assets for our mail house partner.
• Draft routine, customized solicitation communications to Patron society donors.
• Partner with Lyric’s Digital staff in maximizing the reach and depth of our fundraising appeals by incorporating email, video, social media, and website presence into traditional fundraising appeals.
• Partner with our Audience Services team to grow Lyric’s telefundraising program, including a monthly giving program that will build a reliable foundation of support for Lyric.
• Steward donor inquiries as the primary email and phone contact for inquiries about Lyric’s Patron donor society.
• Partner with philanthropy officers to develop new opportunities to engage Patron society donors with the art and build a sense of community within the society.
• Collaborate with philanthropy officers to provide timely, customized solicitations and other communications to Patron-level donors who are not yet assigned a gift officer, or with whom in-person solicitations have not yet been possible, with a richness of philanthropic substance and storytelling appropriate to the Patron level of giving.
• Work with the Director to assess the efficacy of the Fund for Lyric’s donor engagement opportunities each year with the aim of creating new and engaging experiences for donors or retiring options that do not advance donor support.
• As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Demonstrated track record of executing a comprehensive annual giving program with clearly outlined gift levels and donor benefits.
• Minimum of five (5) years of professional fundraising experience at a large or mid-sized institution or university with a minimum of two (2) years in annual giving.
• Strong project management and organizational competencies with demonstrated aptitude for multitasking, attention to detail, and meeting competing and overlapping deadlines.
• Proficiency with Tessitura (preferred) or an equivalent donor CMS.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of team in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
• Experience in marketing solicitation of contributed gifts from donors through direct-response platforms.
• In Tessitura, demonstrated experience with extractions, plans, promotions, and reporting.
• Strengths in creative and analytical thinking, problem solving, and customer service.
• Some evening or weekend functions, meetings, appointments, or performances.
• Standing for extended periods of time.
• Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone, and other office equipment.
• Moving/lifting objects, boxes, and furniture as needed/allowed, not to exceed 20 lbs.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
How to ApplyInterested applicants may submit an application using the following link: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/Y14Y1hJRV9/Associate-Director-Of-The-Fund-For-Lyric?source=Pink+Jobs.
58 total views, 1 today