Full-Time Associate Director of Employer Relations
Associate Director of Employer Relations – (2000520)
The Associate Director of Employer Relations is part of the Career Center at Vanderbilt University and is a key individual leader responsible for strategic management of the Career Center’s Employer Relations program. Their primary role is to increase the volume, caliber, and diversity of internship and full-time professional opportunities for Vanderbilt University undergraduate students. The Associate Director of Employer Relations oversees the Employer Relations team and develops and manages a comprehensive recruiting program, including on-campus recruiting, career fairs, and other recruiting initiatives. This is a highly external-facing position with an expectation that this individual will develop strong relationships with employers, alumni, and other key stakeholders for the Career Center.
The Vanderbilt Career Center serves undergraduates enrolled full-time in the Blair School of Music, College of Arts and Science, School of Engineering and Peabody College. In addition the Center provides career coaching to recent graduates (0-2 years) after graduation. The Center provides many opportunities for students to learn about and explore professional opportunities including internships, career coaching, credit-based career courses, workshops, career panels, on-campus recruiting, job fairs, and industry-based Treks. The Career Center also supports students who are seeking graduate school admission as well as prestigious scholarships and fellowships. The Center consists of a leadership team, a coaching team, an employer relations team, and support staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
Design and Manage a State-of the-Art Employer Relations Program
- Create, manage and continue building a successful employer relations program on the Vanderbilt University campus to provide meaningful internship and employment opportunities for students on a local, regional, and national level.
- Plan, coordinate and organize career and job fairs, consortia, recruiting opportunities, and other career- related events.
- Actively engage in employer development/outreach activities, establishing and maintaining relationships with University alumni and representatives from business, government, education, and non-profit organizations, as well as the Chamber of Commerce, trade associations, search firms, and employment agencies for the purpose of sourcing, acquiring and promoting extensive job and internship opportunities for undergraduate students.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive long-term strategic plan for the Employer Relations program.
- Stay current on employment and recruiting related activities and trends pertinent to and supporting the wide variety of undergraduate majors on the Vanderbilt campus.
Manage the Employer Relations team
- Work with the Assistant Director to develop a plan for supervising and providing coaching and support to the employer relations team including setting expectations and key strategic initiatives and performance measures.
- Provide feedback, complete performance reviews, identify appropriate recognition and rewards, and perform corrective actions as needed.
- Hire and train new staff.
Develop strong relationships within the University community
- Partner with key University offices, including but not limited to, the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; the Athletics program; Development and Alumni Relations; as well as the academic departments, to strengthen job development support for all students.
- Consult with the Career Coaching team leaders to develop appropriate programming, services, and guidelines for ensuring that students who participate in recruiting programs are well-prepared for the job search, and to ensure employers reach appropriately targeted students and alumni.
Develop Reports and ongoing metrics
- Maintain ongoing statistics and generate regular reports analyzing the metrics of the recruiting operation, including student outcomes and first destination data. Develop surveys and other measurement tools to monitor customer satisfaction with all aspects of employer relations.
- Develop a strong brand, image, and marketing strategy for the Employer Relations program
- Consult and partner with the Associate Director of Strategic Communication in the Career Center to develop and implement marketing/PR materials, and creative programs for increasing the visibility of students to employers and vice versa. Initiate a comprehensive technology-based strategy for marketing recruiting services. Develop and/or oversee development of web pages, podcasts, Facebook pages, blogs, Tweets, and other mediums to enhance employer and student awareness and interest in career programming. Create appealing and informative products and services for our constituencies.
- Benchmark with peers and employers to insure employer relations best practices and resources.
This position does have supervisory responsibility (including hiring) over the Employer Relations team. This position reports administratively and functionally to the Executive Director of the Career Center.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, human resources, or related area is necessary
- MBA or master’s degree in a related field is preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience successfully leading a college or university-based recruiting operation and/or working in a talent-acquisition setting such as human resources or private search firm is necessary
- Significant national employer connections
- Knowledge of and proficiency with career- and recruitment-management software (preferably Symplicity) as well as MS Office, Excel, and database management software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including the ability to deliver creative and persuasive presentations), strong project management abilities, and experience with building relationships and providing effective customer service with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to conceptualize and implement a sales/marketing/business development plan at both a strategic and tactical level
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated initiative to take on special projects
- Ability to travel to attend relevant conferences, corporate events and meet with key partners including alumni, and current or prospective employers
- An appreciation and understanding of the different means of providing employment and internship opportunities for students from a wide variety of majors
- High degree of ethical and professional standards and strict confidentiality in sensitive matters related to hiring decisions
- Weekend and evening hours may be required
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
At Vanderbilt University, we are intentional about and assume accountability for fostering advancement and respect for equity, diversity, and inclusion for all students, faculty, and staff. Our commitment to diversity makes us who we are. We have created a community that celebrates differences and lets individuality thrive. As part of this commitment, we actively value diversity in our workplace and learning environments as we seek to take advantage of the rich backgrounds and abilities of everyone. The diverse voices of Vanderbilt represent an invaluable resource for the University in its efforts to fulfill its mission and strive to be an example of excellence in higher education.
Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyQualified applicants can apply here: https://vanderuniv.taleo.net/careersection/.vu_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=2000520&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago
126 total views, 1 today