Full-Time Assistant Operations Manager
People of color, men, persons with disabilities, persons with experience living in homelessness, non- binary, non-LGBTQ, transgender, and other LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Title: Assistant Operations Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: 3318 Idaho Ave, NW
Hours: Varying hours between 7 am- 9 pm, Participates in an on-call rotation
Who we are:
Friendship Place is a nonprofit organization, serving the Washington, DC region. We empower individuals and families experiencing or at risk of homelessness to rebuild their lives with the involvement of the community. Friendship Place offers the most effective model for addressing homelessness, with innovative, customized programs that have positive, demonstrable results and a lasting impact on the community and beyond. Our programs are person-centric and individualized to meet the needs and goals of individuals, families, youth/young adults and Veterans experiencing homelessness. We provide outreach, hospitality, health care, case management, housing, job placement services, and advocacy. We are committed to living out our core values both within our organization and the community.
The Assistant Operations Manager supports the program by ensuring the efficient and effective operations of a Short-Term Family Housing site. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager with oversight from the Chief Family Transitional Housing Officer.
The Assistant Operations Manager (AOM) will work collaboratively with the Operations Manager to oversee all aspects of the physical building and ensure a well- run, safe and clean environment. The AOM will implement necessary plans for operational effectiveness and efficiency. They will implement fire drills and fire safety requirements and assist in overseeing the Emergency Preparedness and Evaluation Plans. The AOM will coordinate maintenance services with DGS for maintenance, HVAC, and furniture replacement. This role will act as the point of contact for DGS, second to the Operations Manager. The AOM will monitor, train, and supervise the Residential Aide Coordinator, who oversees all the Shift Supervisor and Residential Aide staff. The AOM will support the Operations Manager in overseeing all contracted building management services including meal services, security, and janitorial.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and building engineers in Developing, implementing, and overseeing a building operations plan (BOP) and a facility management program.
- Oversee the building inventory systems for the program.
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring process for residential staff.
- Identify and research key trainings for the residential team.
- Provide direct supervision to the Residential Aide Coordinator and support to the residential team.
- Work closely with the Residential Aide Coordinator in setting the schedule for residential aides and shift supervisors.
- Provide on-call support to staff as crises occur after normal business hours
- Oversee the kitchen operations and ensure that the meal services provided by subcontractor meet all contractual needs.
- Assist the Operations Manager in tracking and submitting building maintenance requests tickets in a timely manner.
- Aid the Operations Manager in researching prices and specification comparisons to find best equipment and supplies for the lowest cost and makes recommendations for purchases.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a residential setting and 3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Facilities management experience in the human services field, particularly homeless services.
- Ability to build relationships with community organizations and government agencies.
- Experience working with families and/or youth and knowledge of child development and child welfare is preferred.
- Punctuality and ability to work independently.
- Provides excellent customer service and reliability.
- Experience with computer programs, including but not limited to excel spreadsheets, emailing, etc.
- Strong commitment to mission, organizational core values, including racial equity and social justice.
Office is housed in a short-term living facility, on call rotation, periodic evening and weekend work.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Must be able to lift 30 lbs, walking 70% of the time, bending at the knees, standing for extended periods of time. Limited driving.
The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check including FBI, Police background check (of the jurisdictions in which they have resided for the five years prior to employment) Child and Family Services Agency (CSFA) Child Protection Register/ DC Child Abuse Registry, and National Sex Offender Registry Department(s) of the jurisdictions in which they have resided for the five years prior to employment; Drug and Alcohol testing and TB testing.
Residential Aide Coordinator
Contractors: Meal Provider, Janitors, security
Key Working Relationships:
Meal Provider, Janitorial and Security Contractors
DC Department of General Services
DC Department of Human Services
DC Fire Department
Must have his/her own transportation to carry out job duties and responsibilities. The vehicle must meet legal requirements (insured, registered, etc.) and the employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- Application Deadline:This job is open until filled, or the hiring manager determines that they can no longer accept applications.
- Start Date:June 2020
- Compensation:$50,000-$60,000 annually
- Benefits: We offer an excellent benefits package including low cost health insurance, employer paid dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 403B matching, 15 days of vacation during 1st year of employment, sick leave, and much more!
- Location: Northwest Washington, DC
- Interviewing Timeline: rolling interviews begin immediately
- Interview Process: Phone screening, Panel style interview, Final Interview
- Website: friendshipplace.org
FP is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, matriculation, genetic information, pregnancy, military status, credit, status as a victim or family member of a victim of domestic violence, sexual offense, or stalking.
How to ApplyPlease apply here.
186 total views, 1 today