Full-Time Assistant Manager
MINUS 12˚ CRAFT ICE CREAM is an exciting new ice cream shop making fresh, artisan gelato using the finest, natural ingredients.
We are looking for a passionate Assistant Manager to play a role in setting up and running the business. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new business from the beginning, working closely with the manager/owner.
- mid-July 2018
- £20,000 per annum, 30 days paid leave*, free ice-cream**, pension and discretionary performance related bonus.
- rota of 40 hours per week (5 days of 8 hours between 8:00 – 20:00) with no split shifts. You will not normally work Mondays, but you will work most weekends and bank holidays.
You are someone who:
- loves great tasting ice cream and has a passion for good food
- puts customers first, delivering outstanding customer service
- has experience working in a customer facing, hospitality or food service environment
- has experience of managing staff
- is proud to run a fun, efficient and clean operation
- is well presented and punctual
- has a good understanding of food hygiene and HACCAP procedures
- has good communication skills including written and spoken English
- has a good level of numeracy, including mental arithmetic and change counting
- has the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
You will be responsible for:
- serving customers
- making ice cream
- managing day-to-day operations including opening and closing
- cleaning and ensuring food hygiene procedures are in place and adhered to
- managing part-time staff
- stock control
- helping with marketing and social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- learning the art of making gelato – training provided
- developing your knowledge of food hygiene – training provided as required
- responsibilities that expand as the business grows
- career progression and future pay increases as the business grows
*a large part of the paid leave will be in January when it is envisaged the shop will be closed. The remainder will be taken during the rest of the year.
**free ice cream only for your own personal consumption at work. You will be encouraged to sample all flavours so you can advise customers accurately and ensure our ice cream consistently exceeds customers’ expectations.
How to ApplySend your CV and covering letter (email is fine) outlining how your skills and experience meet the person spec detailed above. Email: email@example.com
37 total views, 1 today