Full-Time Assistant Electrician
Elmira College is a private liberal arts College located in the Finger Lakes region of New York. Seeking innovative professionals from diverse academic and cultural backgrounds to fill the position of Assistant Electrician to join the open and welcoming Facilities team.
The Assistant Electrician is responsible for assisting the Head Electrician with large projects that require both members to complete the project. The Assistant Electrician will take on smaller projects that can be completed without the Head Electrician. This position needs to have the ability to work directly with the Head Electrician as well as independently. The Assistant Electrician will be working independent from the Head Electrician roughly 75% of the time on their own projects and work orders.
- Install sound systems, security systems, and voice and data systems;
- Install lighting, electrical outlets, and circuit breakers;
- Replace old fuse boxes;
- Hook up appliances for power;
- Assist with the maintenance of mechanical systems, such as: fuel installation, LEV systems, tool inspection;
- Take the lead on the current lighting needs and products on Campus old and new;
- Assist in the installation of electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment, including hard wiring, fire alarms and other systems;
- Assist with effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units;
- Assist with the installation of electrical wiring in buildings, troubleshooting system/power blackouts and repairing appliances.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-years of related work experience
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving history per employer’s Insurance carrier
- Ability to climb and work safely at elevated heights, 60ft of more
- Know applicable building codes and regulations
- Understanding of Materials and Methods
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
WORK LOCATION: Elmira, NY – NOT Remote
SUPERVISES OTHERS?: No
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
BASIS OF PAY: Hourly
COMPENSATION: In exchange for your skills and experience, Elmira College will provide you with:
- Tuition waiver for you and your dependents
- College-paid Short-term disability Insurance
- College-paid group term life insurance
- Generous retirement matching
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Options
- 15+ paid holidays including the entire week of Thanksgiving and Winter Break/New Year’s
- Generous Sick and Vacation time accruals
- Free counseling for you and your family through the College-paid Employee Assistance Program
- A base starting salary of $20.00 per hour.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in all weather conditions and may include nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call. Will be required to lift, carry, push, and pull 50+ pounds, walk, sit, kneel, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Elmira College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our educational programs and activities or our employment practices.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 607-735-1701. If you require alternative methods of application or screening, please contact the Office of Human Resources directly by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 607-735-1810.
67 total views, 2 today