Full-Time Assistant Director of Intercultural Development/ Coordinator of Gender and Sexuality Programs
Assistant Director of Intercultural Development/ Coordinator of Gender and Sexuality Programs
Lafayette College is committed to enriching the learning experience for all members of the campus community by cultivating a diverse and inclusive community. Reporting to Assistant Dean Director of Intercultural Development, and the Assistant Director of Intercultural Development Coordinator of Gender and Sexuality Programs is a full-time position that oversees the College’s support services for students who identify with historically marginalized groups based on their gender or sexuality. The Assistant Director/Coordinator will offer co-curricular programming to advance knowledge, awareness and skills related to gender and sexuality.
Gender and Sexuality Programs is a unit within the Office of Intercultural Development in the Division of Campus Life. The Assistant Director/Coordinator serves as a resource to students and manages the GSP resource center.
• Provide support and advising to one or more student groups; attend meetings and advise on matters involving program development and marketing
• Contribute to all history/heritage month programs for the campus and coordinate efforts with the Women’s and Gender Studies program and other academic departments to plan and implement educational and social programming in celebration of LGBTQ+ Heritage Month, Women’s History Month, and other relevant holidays and observances
• Coordinate events and programs for students, faculty, and staff related to the LGBTQ+ community (e.g. education, advocacy, discussion groups, etc.)
• Partner to provide Safe Zone trainings for faculty and staff
• Advise and train the Safe Zone Peer Educators
• Assess programs and activities to inform and improve initiatives
• Handle marketing and communications including multiple social media accounts and web page administration
• Develop student mentoring and advising relationships through formal and/or informal interactions
• Partner to coordinate survivor advocacy initiatives and provide education on Gender Violence Prevention
• Coordinate general Sexuality/Positive Sexuality programming and information sharing on sexual health and sexual positivity to promote physical, mental and emotional health in regards to sexuality and sexual behaviors
• Participate in the SASH (Sexual Assault Sexual Harassment) advisor program
• Strong commitment to social justice and understanding of intersectional identities and experiences
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in Student Development, Student Affairs Administration, Higher Educations, Counseling, LGBT Studies, Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, or a closely related area
• 2-3 years of experience
• Evidence of the development, execution, and assessment of educational programs
• Experience with event planning, including excellent time management and attention to detail
• An established track record of continued personal and professional development around issues affecting historically marginalized groups based on their gender or sexuality
• Awareness of and sensitivity to issues affecting the LGBTQ+ community
• Flexibility to perform duties regularly on evenings and weekends
We invite qualified, professional and passionate applicants for this position. A Master’s degree in higher education administration, gender/sexuality studies, student personnel, counseling, or a related field is required, with at least two years of professional experience strongly preferred. Experience in a selective, residential, liberal arts institution is also highly preferred, along with demonstrated success advocating for and with women and LGBTQ students and collaborating with faculty. Lafayette College seeks applicants who value cultural competency and strive to serve within an inclusive and affirming environment.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing job qualifications and the names of three professional references via interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/49274.
Lafayette College is committed to creating a diverse community: one that is inclusive and responsive, and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. Lafayette College is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Applyhttp://apply.interfolio.com
99 total views, 1 today