Full-Time Assistant County Maintenance Engineer – Entry Level!
- Help ensure that we are performing the correct maintenance and system preservation activities on routes in Wake County in an efficient manner and within specifications, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Help ensure that all environmental issues, permits, etc. are followed and documented in accordance with policies and regulations.
- Serve as a liaison between our County Maintenance Engineer and Engineering Technicians and Transportation Supervisors by providing technical expertise.
- Assist with our safety program, administering contracts, and our storm water pollution prevention program.
- Assist in planning force account work involving permitting issues, performing emergency storm assessments, and preparing documentation using computer software.
- Support our County Maintenance Engineer in ensuring the successful delivery of our maintenance program, prompt responses to maintenance needs, and that our environmental and safety programs are closely monitored.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Civil Engineering.
- Experience applying engineering concepts to solve basic engineering problems.
- Experience maintaining records and reports and writing memos/emails that clearly convey technical information and engineering concepts.
- Knowledge of transportation-related engineering standards, policies, and procedures.
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Office and engineering software.
- Ability to supervise and monitor maintenance programs to ensure efficient and safe use of staff, equipment, and materials.
- Ability to formulate a comprehensive highway maintenance program within budget.
- Skills to supervise and evaluate staff performance.
- Good communication skills with the ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Agility to traverse steep and uneven terrain.
- Safety toe footwear.
- Work includes emergency situations, nights, and weekends when needed.
- Your working conditions will subject you to high traffic and extreme temperatures/weather conditions.
- We may require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Melissa Burch-West at (919) 317-4740.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/56zfv5ux
92 total views, 0 today